CHAPTER 45

Y/n looked out the window, the view of the dense forest and outstretched sky was all she could see

Y/n looked out the window, the view of the dense forest and outstretched sky was all she could see. No sign of human inhabitants could be seen far and wide. Her knees throb with pain from the bruise and so did her ankle which had been sprained.

Her heart weep an ocean of tears as she gazed out, her eyes in search of something or someone. She couldn't believe her life has come to such a pedestal. A year back she was happy, of course life was hard for her being an orphan, but she was content with her life. She didn't regret meeting Apollo nor Hermes, should she say Belen. But could she really say she didn't curse herself for meeting Hermes now? She loved him once even if it was under the spell of Cupid and even truly as a friend.

"Love..." speak of the devil. She didn't even turn to glance at him. Instead she continued to gaze away at the horizon. She did not wish to even see his face at the moment. Not only had he manipulated her throughout, love charmed her but had kidnapped her and locked her up in the tower and threatened to harm Sandra and Apollo. He was a monster in her eyes now.

"You haven't eaten yet?"

"..."

He stepped forward to approach her but stopped. His eyes narrowed and he turned to leave. "Please have your meal. I'll be back in a minute." He informed her to get no response in return, making his heart sank.

'It's okay. She'll learn to love me.' He told himself before walking out the chamber.

...................

"Father, you called for me?" Hermes asked as soon as he sighted his father.

"Yes." He stated firmly. He had a solemn look on his visage. "I want you to return the mortal lady back to Apollo."

"W-what!?"

"You heard me, Hermes. I have promised Apollo to give him whatever his heart desires and he wished to have the mortal. So shall it be." Zeus answered without hesitation. His voice was authoritative and demanded his complete obedience.

"She is mine, father. And I do not intent to let her go." Hermes refused to back off.

"You dare refuse to obey me, Hermes." His father responded in a calm tone laced with irritation. "Have you forgotten who you are talking to?"

"I am well aware who I am talking to, father." He replied. "I won't give up the woman I love just because of a stupid promise you made to Apollo." Even if the entirety of Olympus came crushing down on him, he'd never let her go. Instead he'd choose to die with her in his arms, though that was quite impossible considering he was immortal.

Only she would die.

"So you choose to disobey your father and king just because of a mere mortal?"

"Haven't you cheated on Hera just for a mere mortal too, father?" He questioned, making his father's eyes go wide open. "I am your own flesh and blood, you see, father."

The god of gods stood still, his eyes glaring at his son with pure rage. How dare he disrespect his father? However, at the same time, he was at a loss of words.

"I will take my leave now." Hermes bowed and turned to leave.

If only he knew, the consequences of his words. Zeus was not known to be a merciful god after all. It was only the mortals who whitewashed him to be a good god and painted his brother, Hades as the evil god.

Meanwhile,

Apollo emerged out of the looking mirror, taking the h/c by surprise. He had been able to locate her with the assistance of his father. If his father was on his side, it meant almost the whole of Olympus was on his side. As who would dare to oppose the god of gods? Except for Hera whose rage and jealousy knew no end.

"Y/n..." he called out.

"Apollo." She called back, her eyes pooling up with tears. She ran into his arms and he embraced her. "I'm so glad you are fine." She let out a sigh of relief. She knew the gods could not die but still who could comfort the heart of a lover in despair and concern.

She pulled her head away from his hard chest to stare at him with pure concern. "Sandra? Is she alright?" She panicked. "Hermes threatened to harm her if I tried to leave."

"She's fine." He consoled her. "And you don't have to worry. You will be set free from here soon. I will also send someone to guard Sandra so no harm comes her way." He knew it would be a foolish step to take her away right away, even if he wanted to. It would put Sandra in harms way. He needed to first make sure Sandra was well guarded. Cause only Hermes knows, what havoc he would create if he return to find y/n missing. And it was given, he would go for Sandra first.

"I wish to take you away with me right away but considering Hermes intends to harm Sandra. I must make sure she is well guarded then come for you." He said cupping her cheeks, his pools of golden eyes clearly showed the pain he felt to have to part from her again . "I will come for you again. Till then please take care of yourself."

She embraced him again. Her grip on the linen cloth draped across his shoulders tightened. She didn't know why? But she felt this unsettling emotion at the pits of her stomach. "I will wait for you."

He wrapped his arms around her and leaned his head above hers. He felt complete like he had finally found his missing piece.

'I love you, Apollo.' She mused. She wish she could tell him those words not only in her mind.

..................

A/N: I apologise, if the chapter seemed rush. But I intend to finish this book by next chapter or maybe in the next two chapters. As I feel like I have dragged it long enough😅 and I wish to complete it by this month.