𝟗 | 𝐌𝐨𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

(Please read the note at the end!)

________________________________________________

Going out for dinner without prior notice to my father is going to be a very bad choice, but I also need to clear my head before I step foot inside my house again

The first day at the hospital was pretty boring, as there wasn't much to do besides roam around and learn how the place worked (as my father had asked me to do before I started working tomorrow), and by the evening, Stacy's working shift was finally over, and we were out of the hospital as soon as she changed out of her uniform and called a cab. I hadn't told my father about going out to dinner with someone since he wouldn't let me, so I just collected my belongings and left in my formal attire.

While the cab drove us to the restaurant, Stacy and I made small talk, like where I had worked before and how I always stayed away from my home. It turns out Stacy was also living away from her parents, and she was proud of it.

I was proud as well.

The grip of my palm tightens around my phone. It is seven in the evening, and the ticking bomb has started. It's countdown time for the clock to strike eight and for my dad to tell me I need to be home.

The car comes to a halt before the driver speaks. "Your destination has arrived, ma'am."

Despite Stacy's protests, I was quick enough to pay the cab driver.

When I let my eyes take in the view in front of me, I would be lying if I wasn't surprised by seeing the crowd inside the restaurant through the see-through glass and also seeing people waiting for their turns outside the place.

"Welcome to Cuisine Français." Stacy spreads her arms in front of her. "I told you it's pretty famous to get a reservation on time."

I laugh at her cocky tone before we both make our way inside the restaurant. Before we could enter, an attendant at the entrance asked for our booking details, but when Stacy dialled on her phone and gave it to the attendant, he smiled before opening the door for us.

Regardless of the chilly winter outside, the atmosphere inside the restaurant was a lot warmer and calmer (something that I didn't expect for such a famous place, as told by Stacy). The interiors of the place were all decorated with shades of pastels and light abstracts on the walls, and the furniture was all dark, complementing and matching the decent yet luxurious look. The lights were dimly lit, perfect for a view that wouldn't hurt someone's vision.

It was a place that spoke elegance but also had comfort for anyone who would want to spend their time here.

"The look on your face says that you liked it." Stacy says this before she giggles. "Wait until you taste the food."

I hummed. "Let's see if your boasting about this place is true or not."

She nods. "I have called James; he should be here anytime now." Her eyes roam around the area. "There he is." She says this before waving her hand in the air.