𝟖 | 𝐉𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐚

Start from the beginning

Jade was right. Aurora would never disclose my secrets until and unless I was in a life-or-death situation, and she has to save me by doing so. It was something that I did back then when Aurora was in a similar kind of situation, and I chose to reveal her secrets to Jade in order to protect her.

But seeing Jade go beyond all the boundaries to make Aurora feel safe, I was proud that I chose to tell Jade everything. I was proud of Jade.

"It's not like we are going to meet each other every now and then." I say, but something inside of me said that this wasn't the case. "It was a mere coincidence; the world is too small."

"Okay." Jade replies. "But if you ever feel like you are in trouble or need someone, you can always reach out to him; now that's when you both are nearby."

"That's not going to happen."

"Jade's right, Rach." Aurora says it with a soft tone. "He doesn't know, but you and I do about your house situations. If I had known about this earlier, I would have told Nick to look after you myself."

"I am not a baby that needs to be looked after." I assure. "I promise that I am fine."

I wasn't.

After that, they both wished me luck while Jade insisted I have Nicolas's contact number, and even if I denied it, he had sent me his contact details as soon as I hung up.

As I said, Jade Grogan doesn't hesitate.

The surroundings come back into my focus: people chatting with each other while having their food and drinks, some just entering the cafeteria, or some just sitting there, scrolling or working on their tabs, mobile phones, or laptops.

But wherever my eyes went, I didn't see a single person sitting alone.

A sigh leaves my lips as I drop my face in my palms, feeling detached from this new change while I sit alone in my spot.

I had built a perfect life for myself, and I was never alone, but now it seems like I have to start it all from scratch.

"Are you okay?"

A soft pat on my shoulder, followed by a gentle voice, makes me look up again, pointing my vision at the girl in front of me.

She was wearing a dark blue scrub below a light sky-coloured lab coat. A name batch was tucked on the left of her lab coat, while her curls were tied into a bun whose honey brown strands fell on her face, matching the colour of her eyes and skin, while she held a sandwich in her hand. She must be a medical staff nurse.

"Yes." I managed to smile even when my heart felt empty. "I suppose you want to sit here; I was just leaving -"

"It's okay. I actually wanted to sit with you."

I blink in bewilderment, and she draws out a seat in front of me before sitting on it.

Her eyes fall on me again, and their corners crinkle. "Don't worry, I am not a creep or a stalker." She unpacks her sandwich. "I just saw you sitting alone; I thought you needed company." She adds with a shrug.

"How..." My brows crook as I was just lost for words to say or to ask her.

She breaks the sandwich in half before placing the one half it in front of me on the packing wrapper. "I have never seen you here, so I guess you might be a relative to someone sick in this hospital, or maybe you are sick, or you are new."

Was I looking that miserable and predictable right now? "Uhm... Thank You..."

"Stacy Miller." She smiles, bringing her hand forward for a shake. "Nice meeting you, miss...?"