Our Secret

Tom's P.O.V

I woke up with no vision, Tord told me my goggles broke yesterday and threw me something, "What is this?" I asked, trying to feel around in.

"Your new uniform, today we train, the black leader has new goggles for you but I'm sure he's done something to his benefit. Do not talk back this time," he demands. "If we want to get out of here we need to figure out what and who we're up against. We need to get on the Black Leader's good side. I'll be busy all day so you'll probably be asleep before I come back."

I stop trying to put on my vest, "What are you talking about?"

"Thomas, just do what I said. Now hurry up and get ready so we can leave."

I think about yesterday and get chills, "Hey, what happened yesterday?"

"What's the last thing you remember?" He asks.

"Drinking,"

"We got sent to the room after that and you passed out," his accent declares. I think for a second and assume he's telling the truth. "I'm gonna put a collar on," he prepares me. I hold my tongue from arguing, something presses against my skin as it clicks. I sign and he leads me out of the room, "Ready to kick ass?" I hear the smirk in his tone.

"I'm ready to beat this as--"

"I'll be your escort," Natasha's voice pours through the door. "How are you both this morning? Do you need a medical evaluation before training?"

"No ma'am," Tord responds. "Let's go," he whispers to me. I blindly follow his steps and we finally reach our destination. He pokes my arm as a signal, I keep a straight face.

"I heard you were a mouth yesterday," the Black Leader darkly laughs, "That being said, I got a preview of how quickly you can weaponize." I feel his gaze shift away from me.

"Can it do it on command?"

"Yes sir,"

"Good, I expect you to have full authority and control over this thing. It is a weapon and nothing more. The two of you will work together to pass our soldier's course." He tosses something, "My team fixed its goggles, we added features so we can see as well, I have the power to shut it off at any time I see fit. Unless it's on a mission or in combat the power will be off." I know Tord is having the same realization as me. I am an active baby monitor at all times, everything I see and say they'll hear and know. He can't talk about a plan to escape around me, I can't know anything.

Dammit.

Tord put something against my face and put the strap around my head, I moved it to my liking, and for the most part, it seemed the same as the last. A loading bar popped up and the screen lit up. My vision was finally back, my eyes moved to the bars on the side. My vitals were on the edge of my vision, I looked at the leader and information clouded my screen, I turned to Tord and words surrounded him, Red Leader, Tord L. Larson, 21, Base location, red targets were on his body, they were labeled as weak points, lists of possible weapons filled my vision of how to take him down, this was too much.

"Overwhelmed?" Tord reads my screen confused. I close my eyes and grab at the goggles.

"It's a powerful being, it'll adjust. This way we have access to understand if it is complying."

"I have an offer, sir," Tord pulls off the goggles, "I have absolute confidence that we can make it past your mission without his vision."

Is he crazy?!

"What's in it for me?"

"I'm already setting us back, and yet, still I'll prove just how worthy we are to keep our place here." I feel his weird grin, he laughs.