~~63: 8TURN Haemin - No Chance (Soulmate AU)~~

Start from the beginning

'It probably wasn't him. Or it was and he just wants nothing to do with me anymore. Great job, y/n. Great job.' these thoughts were running through my mind endlessly.
I was about to leave when all of a sudden I heard a voice call my name from behind.

"y/n?"

The look on his face, my God, it was so innocent yet solemn, I felt so bad. It was so precious.

"Haemin. I didn't think you'd show up" I said in a soft voice.
"I just wanted to hear what you wanted to say. If it's what I'm expecting it is, I'll never talk to you again. For you." he said back, also softly with his hands in his pockets and his hood up.
"But we're soulmates, you can't-"
"Just say it." he urged, so I just went ahead with it.

"Look, I wanted to apologise for my behavior earlier today. It was completely unnecessary and I was totally rude for that, so I'm very sorry. I yelled at you and hurt your feelings, and I regret that more than anything right now. Anyways, I'm sorry for walking away and just leaving you there, I just didn't know what to say or do after that and I panicked. I regretted it so much, seriously. In fact, I'm sorry for everything. For how mean I've been to you for God knows how long. I now realise it was completely out of place for me to be that rude to y-"
"No, stop. You shouldn't be apologising. I did this all to myself, I completely get why you did it and why you've been like that to me for God knows how long. I should be the one apologising for being so goddamn annoying to you when you literally didn't do anything to me."

And um, yeah, I got taken aback by that to say the least.

"What do you mea-"
"You see, I've had feelings for you for aaages now and that's when I started being flirty, we'd never really talked before that right. But then the flirting got really out of hand and everytime I tried to fix it, it only got worse. So what you said to me earlier today was completely understandable. You shouldn't be happy if I'm your soulmate. I deserve it. I've been an annoying dick to you for so long." he said to me sincerely.

"No, honestly, I should be sorry, not you."
"Then please just say you forgive me to make me feel better." he said.
"Fine. I forgive you. Now you too." I said.
"Alright, alright. I forgive you." he said back.

"Thanks for helping me see that there's not just an annoying dickhead in there. Honestly, I always thought you had the potential because you've always been then most attractive guy in our year to me, it's just the way you acted towards me that affected that. But I never stopped thinking that you were the most attractive in our year group." I confessed to him.
"Really?" I could see that he blushed which I found really cute. "I've always thought the exact same thing about you too." he said back, now making me blush.

"Well, there's a reason we're soulmates." I said. We just remained in silence for a good ten seconds after that until Haemin grabbed my face and smashed his lips against mine.

Oh. My. God.

Why did no one tell me his lips felt this good to kiss? They're so soft and perfectly plump.

After a few seconds of adjustment we get comfy and I wrap one of my arms around his neck and the other grabbed the top of his hoodie, pulling him closer (if that was even humanly possible) while one of his remained on my cheek and the other went to my waist.

Our lips moved sloooowly in sync and it was so comforting I can't even tell you.

This felt so right yet so wrong at the exact same time.
Pretty fast transition between hating and loving the same guy if you ask me but, that's what soulmates are all about, am I right?

When we pulled away after a minute or two, our faces were still really close together.

"By the way.. I like the nickname you gave me. It's cute. I just always told you not to call me it because well, I didn't like you." I told him in almost a whisper and smiled widely.

We touched foreheads and giggled.

It then started drizzling with rain and we decided it was perfect for us to take a quick walk around the neighbourhood.

"So,is it safe to call you mine now?" Haemin asked, and I just looked at him, smiled, and said "of course".
"No chance you're leaving me now, soulmate/girlfriend." he said comedically, and I laughed at him.
"True, true. Promise I won't if you won't." I said, holding up my pinkie. And there we made a pinkie promise.

Safe to say I went from hating him to loving him quite fucking fast.

Monday~~

It was officially Monday and as soon as I got into class, Kazuha ran up to her boyfriend as usual, and then I was about to sit down in our usual seat but I felt a pair of arms around me from the back. I immediately knew who it was so I turned around with a smile on my face and he kissed my cheek.
"Did you sleep well?" Haemin asked me as we randomly swung our hands together.
"Yes I did, did you?"
"I did too. For once in a really really long time, I was actually looking forward to coming to school." I said to me.
"Why's that?" he asked me.
"Because I couldn't wait to see you." I said, resulting in him burying his head in my shoulder since he probably didn't see that coming.

I heard him laugh and then felt him caress the back of my head. I then lifted my head back up and said "I'll talk to you later Min, Kazuha looks traumatised and I have a hunch of what it is."

I could see he got taken aback by the sudden nickname, but he liked it.
"Alright, babe." he said, putting emphasis on the 'babe'.
"Hah, love you." I said and then walked off as I heard a "love you" back from him.

You would never tell me and Haemin have only been dating for three days. I think it's just the soulmate effect, or whatever.

"Zuha, y'alright? You look like you saw a ghost." I said, sitting down next to my best friend.
"I- I'm fine, just tryna soak in the fact you and Haemin are together." she said, her lips being the only things that were moving. She was staring into space, still as a statue.
"I literally told you three yesterday on the group chat."
"I know but not even three days ago, you hated him more than anything in the world. Now it's the opposite." she said as if she was hypnotised.
"You'll get used to it."

"It was strange coming to sit back down here with you not being here. I just sat down and knew something was off so I looked around and saw you being all lovey dovey (iykyk) with Haemin and I realised. I'm used to you already being here when I come sit down." she said.
"Yeah, that might change, but ya know, we still have ten minutes left before Miss arrives so let's chat." I said to her, leaning back in my seat.
"Alright alright" she said, putting her leg up against the back of the chair and her back against the wall to properly face me.

"So you and Haemin.."

My God-

word count: 2608