Chapter 8: Entering Demetius

Hana and I split up and continue walking no one noticing the ordeal. We exit the forest and during walking back to Springfield we took down some Devil Horned rabbits along the way. Allowing Val to also level up much to her excitement. Once we make it too Springfield we head to HQ to inform the bartender about our leave.

"Sir we are ready to exit Springfield we have completed all of our objectives" Val tells the bartender and he starts to smile.

"At the start I thought you all were lying to me, before people told me what happened in the capital I truly believed that but now I know everyone here indeed did get teleported here. I think you all can save our realm despite you all being so young. The trench trap was ingenious and that innovation is helping us further the depopulation of the monsters." he announces to all of us with each word being genuine.

"Don't worry we are going to bring peace to the realm that includes taking down the dragon and the monsters sieging the capital" Val places her hand on his shoulder and clenches her fist showing her seriousness.

Everyone nods in agreement and we exit selling all of our resources we don't plan on using. Also buying leather armor and a shield for Joon-Woo by his request with a short sword. All D grade with no special abilities and we spent the rest of our money on a carriage with the townspeople giving a discount due to our help. The carriage being plain brown in color and nothing being special about it, plus as we now have no more food provided from the bartender for Geralt and Gertrude we bought some hay incase grazing is not enough. 

Oliver and I ride the front as everyone else stays inside it. The roads being very old and falling apart clearly infrastructure spending isn't a priority.

"What do ya think going to be in Demetius?" Oliver asks me

"I don't know I reckon that its either a agriculture center or a production center for the kingdom either or being possible" I answer him.

"Yea that seems most likely especially since you say it because bloody hell mate you gotta be a strategic genius making us do all these formations"  his compliment makes my posture more pointy.

"-Thank you and your smart for listening to me" I tell him to give a compliment.

He then sends me the most confused look meaning my compliment must not have hit its mark.

 "Sorry I'm still trying to figure out how to be a better person" I scratch my head while speaking.

"It's alright lad, I'm sure you weren't that bad before we met" he jabs at my arm with a smile.

I was that bad before we met I consistently bullied people and forced them to do what I want. I would have them bring me food and make them..

"Hey what's up there?" Oliver asks

I look up ahead and we see 15 people all wearing battered clothes with daggers and shovels as we ride to Demetius with the roads being dusty and unkept. There being no forestry in sight only fields of grass and nothing else in sight.

"Seems like bandits" I tell Oliver.

"No, that can't be what if they just need help?"

"Who wears all black with sharp daggers and pierced shovels and need honest help?" I say sarcastically

"Well you might be right" Oliver says with a tone that shows he is a little embarrassed from thinking possibly wrong.

"Sorry for the attitude, lets just try to avoid them. I'll go tell the others just in case." I announce to Oliver and we stop the carriage momentarily as I enter in too tell everyone else.