Chapter 5: Leveling Up, Titles

I wake up and no one else is around everyone but me seemingly being outside the room. I walk out and head downstairs seeing everyone eat breakfast. I look down at my deflated stomach and hurry over joining them to eat.

"This food is the best I have ever had" Oliver says mowing down a piece of meat

"I agree it makes no sense how this can be so good!" Hana exclaims not being able to hold back her pleasure.

"Surely it can't be that good" I proclaim arms crossed and Val starts smirking.

"Start eating, it's the meat from when we killed that black wolf" Val comments with a smile enjoying her food.

I begin to eat and discover myself dumbfounded. It feels like the experience of Ratatouille when he first had human cuisine.

"Is it good?" Val asks and everyone awaits my answer.

"It could be better" I lie from my teeth.

For the rest of the time while eating Val stares deep into me as if I had kicked a puppy. Afterwards we spend most of our coins to buy shovels and other digging gear to work efficiently. We all then head out traveling back to the grass fields with Geralt the large stallion and we leave Gertrude behind as she has been enjoying her time laying around eating hay the bartender gives her.

We then start to get too work on building the trench. It is much more of a tedious process than I thought. After half the day we finally finish the trench and we all breathe a large sigh of relief wiping off our sweat. The trench being appropriately deep to keep the horned rabbits completely trapped and long enough to collect a dozen or so.

"It's time Oliver ready yourself and Geralt we are going to now attract the herd of horned rabbits." I say having to look up at the towering man

The man walks over to his horse petting him thoroughly and then pulls himself up into position.

"See you chaps in a little bit" he announces then darts off, he very well can just leave us but I don't believe that will happen as he had no reason to save me yesterday and help all of us with information.

As we wait we all climb safely up into a tree with Hana helping me as I struggle with my one arm, Val watches still feeling a sense of disgust of me annoying her with my reaction to her cooking ability.

After several minutes we then see horned devil rabbits come running with Oliver on top of Geralt riding in like an action hero. Oliver gets close to the trench then sharply turns left starting to loop around. Many of the devil horned rabbits fall in from the sharp turn and the collision with their fellow brethren.

A few devil horned rabbits see us and chase us instead of Oliver but the majority continue to follow him.

"Hana you give supporting fire as Val and I fight them down" I say as I'm not scared of these roided up rabbits, I stared them down ready to fight until death against them.

Val and I hop down as Hana shoots the sides of them making them heavily wounded.

*Slash*

1 down from the strike of Val slamming her blade into its head just to the right of its horn.

*Slash*

Another goes down but from me as I clumsily slash the side of a rabbit and then again taking much effort.

<Stamina 650/700> Jim

The last 2 get finished up by Hana as she releases two more arrows with their aim remaining true.

<+4 devil horned rabbit pelts, +4 devil horned rabbit horns, +4 devil horned rabbit raw meat> distributed to every participant

<XP +1500> Jim