Adventurous

Arlyne's POV:

I woke up the next day not seeing Valerie in her bed. I went downstairs to look for her still nothing. I saw suitcases next to the door. I went upstairs so my moms room.

"hey mom whats up with the suitcases downstairs and where's Valerie." I said.

"honey, Valerie yester came to talk to me telling me that she was homesick and um that she wanted to go back to California." She said.

"Are you serious mom really, are you serious." I said with no emotion.

"Yea honey im sorry, shes leaving in an hour." she said.

I just stood there, how can she do this right before we were gonna enter school she decides to leave. Who am I going to hang out. I was really nervous about tomorrow but now that she is leaving I was more. How am I going to make friends I was really akward starting off with and making friends wasn't really my thing. These thoughts just kept racing through my mind.

"Im really sorry honey" My mom said, interrupting me from my thoughts.

"it's fine" I said.

I went into the kitchen to get some ceral. I checked my phone to see what time was it it was 11:40. Valerie was going to leave at 12 or 1 somewhere around there. I picked up my bowl and put it in the sink. I went upstairs and brushed my teeth.

"Hey mom wheres Valerie and everyone" I yelled from my room to hers.

"They woke up early and got some breakfast they are going to bring us some." She yelled back.

"okay" I yelled back.

I went to take a quick shower before they came. After I was done I grabbed my light washed jeans and a navy blue shirt. I was brushing my hair out and got my phone it was 12:05. I heard the door shut I assumed they were here. I went downstairs and they had Mccdonalds. I went to get my hamburger and ate it.

"Val can I talk to you" I said.

"Yeah sure" she said.

"Why didn't you tell me any of this, that you were homesick" I said.

"Well I didn't want to get you worried and im sorry I just really miss my family, I know I barely stayed for a whole week but I miss them and they miss me and i wanted to go back." She said.

I thought about it if I was in her shoes I would miss my family too.

"When is your flight leaving" I said.

"Um she looked at her phone in about 40 min." She said.

"Valerie we have to get going" My dad yelled from downstairs.

I looked at her and hugged her. We went downstairs and my dad was waiting for her. I didn't want to go to the airport with her and my dad because I was going to be an emotional wreck.

"Bye i'll miss you, tell all of the girls I miss them and to Facetime me." I my voice croaked.

"I will, I will miss you too and when larry comes out facetime me." she said.

We started laughing and said our goodbyes and hugged. They left and I went upstairs to think about everything.

Ashley came inside my room looking around.

"what are you looking for?" I sat up from my bed.

"Nothing it just looks so empty and weird." She said

"Yeah it does" I said looking around.

"Hey wanna go somewhere adventureous with Diana" She said excitingly.

"Sure where?" I questioned.

"Somewhere, go get Diana I'll be downstairs now hurry."

She left and I just put on my white converse and got Diana.