Chapter 24- Fragmented but still whole..? (Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)

Mulai dari awal

" It's not about that. We want to talk about... "

He was only growing more confused at the silence, the weird look the adults exchanged not helping at all.

"You SOUL , Star"

He frowned as brothers hands shook after they spoke, very puzzled when wetness dripped onto his head soon after. He wiggled out of their grasp and looked up at them as they made odd sounds.

Before he could even ask what was wrong, Destroyer had somehow picked brother up, making him unbalanced and fall back into Broms fluffy fur.

" Is it true, Star? "

He huffed as he pushed himself up, only able to stand up for a brief moment before Brom grabbed the back of his shirt and forced him to lay on them again. He was fine with that, as he did quite enjoy touching their soft fur.

"Is what true, Destroyer?"

He said absentmindedly as he got comfier.

The tension in the air was almost suffocating but the babybones was ever oblivious, instead happily trying to catch the numbers floating in the air, the AU shuddering whenever he was successful.

End was going to have to up the lessons soon, carefully correcting the accidental damage Star was causing with their 'game' and letting his mate do the majority of the talking.

"Did you ever try and crush your SOUL?"

Origin said near emotionlessly, his fingers hovering over his paints but not taking any yet. He knew he would break down if he did, needing to be logical right now and hoping they would say no .

"Oh that. Nope i didn't try, i did it! It just didn't keep. It was very weird feeling"

Star pouted childishly, acting like he was talking about his favourite toy being lost then anything life changing. He burst into giggles when Brom curled around him tighter and nuzzled him, confused but rather liking the sudden attention.

Origin felt his magic still, the clearing now deadly silent apart from the babybones childish laughter, his hand clenching around the red and blue paint vials.

" Why? Why would you do that?!"

He didn't realise the question came from him until he felt his mates' warmth by his side, leaning heavily into them but his pure white eyelights fully focused on the babybones.

Star gave an odd smile at that, his sockets dim as he stared at Creator with a far too knowing look and an ancient gaze.

"I was tired of being alone, Origin . The years just seemed to drag on and on and I just wanted it to end. Surely you can understand that?"

His single eyeshape began switching rapidly, humming a tune to himself as gazed into the distance. The wetness dripping from his sockets was ignored, knowing it sometimes happened when he thought of that day.

"Star-"

"My SOUL is still pretty though. Like lots of mini stars! I really suit my name. It's almost like you knew !"

He giggled louder, the madness leaking out of his tone as his tears grew heavier he was unsure how to make it stop or if it ever would .

He didn't notice when he began to sing a nursery rhyme, the surrounding monsters shivering while Broms magic darkened in despair.

" ♫Twinkle twinkle little star

How i wonder what you are

Up above the world so high

Like a diamond in the sky

Twinkle twinkle little star

How i wonder what you are♫"

He was in his own little world, his SOUL pulsing with his words fragmented but never gone.

~~~~

Shattered: *Trying to sneakily get away*

End: *Glaring darkly* Don't you dare move!

Shattered: *Wanting to cry* What could you even want from me now?!

Origin and End: *Having a great time just messing with them*
-
Star: *Casually trauma dumping*

End and Origin: *Looking on horrified*

Paperjam: *Crying even harder*

Shattered Stars: *Wondering why they are even present for this*