14

A couple weeks later, When Jimins seasonal heat was close. Jungkook had very hesitantly dropped him of at his private villa with increased guards.

Jungkook in the meantime had some time of his classes and training so he could focus on his duties as a captain. He was still investigating the attack on Jimin.

Through multiple different searches, there was finally a lead. The type of fluid the attackers had used on the arrow that hit Jimin was no ordinary fluid. It was illegal to produce such substances and was only in the black market.

The captain had sent multiple teams to find and figure out who was producing the substances from all the herbalists available in the outer and inner villages of the capital. The searches eventually lead to eliminations until there were only few sellers who he hadn't been crossed out of a list he'd created.

Jungkook decided to visit these sellers personally to question them. He believed one of them to be the lead to the attackers. And he was right.

"Do you not know growing this is illegal?" Jungkook had his soldiers detain the herbalist.

"I needed to feed my family!" The herbalist cried out, trying to shake of the soldiers. Jungkook caught a glimpse of ink under the mans collar. He pulled the collar down to see a tattoo, seemingly thorns. The man pushed back.

"Your apart of them?" Jungkook released his intense dominant pheromones, he was seething in anger but remained his composure.

"Take him," He orders. "Send back the other teams to check on the rest for this mark. And also have a message sent to all patrollers to check for this mark of anyone suspected,"

_

"Who are you?" Jungkook grabbed the man's hair and roughly pulled it back. But even after so much interrogating, the man remained mostly quiet. "Maybe you'll talk after see them," He gestured towards the bars.

Suddenly, a woman with a child walking beside her and a toddler in her arms confusedly looked around until their eyes stopped on them.

"honey!?" She called out. "Why are we here?" There was obvious worry and fear in her eyes.

"What! You can't do this! You're part of the royal knights!" the man shouted towards Jungkook.

"Then you better start opening your mouth if you know what's good for you," The captain whispered. Before the man could say anything else his mate and children were taken back, out of his sight.

"Shit! Fine. I'll tell you everything I know,"

_

"Will we be okay?" The omega lady asked with worry.

"Don't worry ma' am. There will be no harm fallen on you nor your children. The captain does not harm Omegas and children. You've done as we requested, so please enjoy this meal,"

Few servants came in with multiple trays.

_

"They're known as The Thorn rebels," He starts. "I only joined recently. They promised that I'd gain wealth by joining them,"

"What is the purpose and goal for this group?"

"get rid of the royal family,"

"Thats active treason," Jungkook exclaims.

"They want to replace the royal family with a leader of their choosing. They believe that the royal family is too soft. With the power we have, we could have taken over other kingdoms and made an empire. It's what they wish to do, wage wars and gain more power. The first stage was to start by attacking his highness the crowned prince and attempt to weaken the system that way, to send the whole kingdom into chaos. But they'd underestimated his security,"