8

As the tradition of the royal family, the crowned ruler would need to do the 'first act'. This was when the heir would make his first declaration or propose something that would better the kingdom or take an active part in battle to victory to show that they are worthy to be on the throne.

Battle was out of the question for Jimin even if he was a well trained fighter. He would only get so far in a real battle. So instead Jimin declared his first act to be something that would better the lives of his people. But in order to put his vision into action he'd need to meet, discuss and get the approval and support of the regional leaders.

Soon enough, It was the day of his travel to the meeting with regional leaders and governors to propose his idea to them. Something that's profitable for the kingdom and mostly beneficial to the people.

"Jungkook isn't that too many," Jimin blinked as he looked down his window. There was a squad, lined up perfectly in the courtyard seemingly being lectured by a vice captain.

"No. This journey is no secret. Anything could happen and I will not take any chances of you being at risk. Better safe than sorry, your highness,"

"You sound so determined, I can't even argue back," the prince smiled fondly.

"Good, else we'd be here all day," Jungkook shaked his head dismissively.

A knock shifts their attention to the door.

"Come in," Jimin shouts.

One of the guards enters the room with a bow. "Your highness, captain. We have received news from the scouts that the route seemed clear with no for seeable danger. They reported that the route is mostly used by traders and travelling merchants. Everything is ready to depart at your command,"

Jungkook looked at Jimin. The prince nodded.

"Gather everyone, we are departing after the final visit with his and her majesty,"

"Yes captain," The guard salutes and leaves after a bow.

Jungkook and Jimin visit the throne room where the king and queen were situated to bid them a safe journey.

_

Sometime during the journey, Jimins carriage makes a harsh stop suddenly. It wasn't time for a break yet so it brought a feeling of unease. Jungkook had strictly told him not to get out until he had given him the green signal to do so.

But his wolf was already at edge in not having Jungkook within his vision. Just a little glance to check what was going on wouldn't hurt. He unlocked the door from inside, surprised to find it not be locked from the outside.

Just as he was half way opening the door, it was shut close.

"DON'T COME OUT!" he heard Jungkook shout.

"Jungkook! what's going on?!" Panic rose in jimin.

"These bandits suddenly attacked. Stay inside!" Jungkook answered, his voice becoming distant.

Jimin tensed as his body went on full alert, hands instinctively going to the daggers attached to his hip, his wolf fully alert and ready to offer his strength. He could hear sword slashes and groans of pain and screams outside.

There was no way Jimin would cower and stay inside. He couldn't let his soldiers fight alone to protect him, it didn't feel right to him.

Slowly, opening the door a little. Jimin peaked into the battle outside to get an visual of what was happening and what he was getting into.

There was one soldier directly front of the entrance of his carriage in a defence position while there were others fighting of some of the bandits.

Further away, he caught glimpses of Jungkook fighting of multiple attackers. It amazed the omega how fast and agile he was. This was his first time witnessing Jungkook fighting in a real situation. He looked hot.

The omega in him almost drooled at show of the alpha's strength. He shaked his head and stepped out carefully observing their surroundings.

"Your highness, you mustn't come out," The guard looked anxious.

"I can defend myself," Jimin states, looking around. He tightly gripped onto his daggers just as he was taught.

Jimin was required to learn to use all weapons. Jungkook had taught him all basics to all the weapons but specialised him into using the double daggers. The alpha had claimed it to be the most suitable weapon for him. Which at first Jimin was doubtful of. But he'd discovered the daggers to be very convenient due to their size. If they were learnt to be used well, they could be lethal.

_

"Target on sight," One bandit shouted.

The others looked around and settled their eyes on one position. Jungkook followed where they were looking and his eyes widen at realisation.

They weren't here to steal any treasure, they're target was the Prince.

Jungkook cursed Jimin for getting out when he'd ordered him not to. He wouldn't be able to make it to him quick enough with the group he was currently fighting.

"WHO SENT YOU?!" Jungkook gripped onto one of their throat.

"Heh," The bandit huffed, face full of bruises. Jungkook was seething with anger as he threw the body with all his strength, hitting a tree. Others, attacked him. He could see in corners of his eyes, some of the attackers approaching Jimin and the other guard making their moves. The prince defended himself, immobilising whoever attempted to hurt him. The other guard had his back.

Jungkook barked orders towards others to get close to the prince as much as possible while fending of the enemy.

They just wouldn't give up. They were definitely outnumbered. The wheels in Jungkook's brain spun as he tried to figure a way to either get Jimin to safety or somehow get rid of all their attackers.

His wolf pushed to the front, eyes flicking to golden.

"ARCHER!" one of his soldiers shouted.

Jungkook followed his direction and growled. There a man in all black ready with an arrow on top of a tree. It wasn't aimed at him. The alpha didn't even get to think when the arrow was launched, hitting Jimins shoulder. Jimin fell onto his knees breathing heavily.

"Fuck!" Jungkooks strength increased rapidly seeing nothing but anger. He grabbed one of the small knife in his waist and threw it directly to the archer. It successfully stabbed his heart, making him fall of the tree.

Jungkook lost all control of himself, his wolf taking control of his body and shifting. Some of the attackers gulped and stepped back.

"NO ONE SAID HE WAS A DOMINANT WOLF!" one of them shouted.

As a purebred wolf, he was bigger, stronger than regular wolves. His dominant pheromones alone can make any wolf submit to him without even lifting a finger. Jungkooks wolf was big, fur in the colour of black with silver tips.

Normally purebreds were people of high status and well known. So it would have been a suprise to see a purebred wolf as a mere Knight.

" HE'S GONE FERAL!" another screamed with terror, feeling the immense pressure of a dominant alpha in their vicinity.

His piercing golden eyes marked all his targets before he ripped apart every enemy that tried to take him down till he reached unconscious Jimin who was being dragged away.