Into submission

(^kokichi 'softly' snoring)

Chapter 18

|||

What went on later that night is something I wish I could remember but couldn't. 

I awoke in the morning in my own bed. I felt confused, because to me it seemed like the night was going well and I'd like to believe that I would've stayed with Kokichi overnight...

Though my doubts were interrupted by someone stirring in the bed beside me.

I rolled to the other side as quietly as possible to see Kokichi, lying face down and softly snoring. I wondered if he could get enough air with his face in the pillow.

I sighed in relief, knowing that this was a sign that I miraculously didn't fuck things up the previous night.

I never want to drink with him again. I'm scared I'll forget something as important as our... encounter... again.

I checked my phone and was surprised to find it was only seven in the morning. As an early riser, it still felt like I slept it. But the massive hangover making my head pound made me wish I could fall back asleep till it's gone.

Since I was in my apartment, I knew I had some painkillers stashed in my bathroom, well, six different painkillers because you never know what type of pain you're going to have.

I grabbed two aspirin, took one, and left the other next to the bed where Kokichi slept.

Then I crawled back into bed and groaned at the thought of having to do anything other than rot today. But when the man next to me began to stir, that pessimism slowly disappeared.

He rolled around for a few minutes, eyelids fluttering rapidly, till he finally woke up. And he as well groaned, probably affected by a horrible hangover as well.

I cleared my throat before quietly saying, "I left a painkiller beside the bed for you... And a glass of water", hoping I wouldn't shock him if he too had forgotten where we were.

He blinked at me briefly, as if still half asleep, but then he smiled slightly, leaned up and kissed me on the cheek.

As he turned around to grab the aspirin, I was left with my cheeks as warm as a radiator, like his kiss had set a chain reaction off in my body.

"Um- I- I could make us some breakfast..." I mumbled, all the previous nervosity returning, having reached a closeness that's a step further from 'friends'.

"Shumai... Don't lie to me. You have literally zero food in your house. I mean, neither do I, but I doubt that either of us could be cooking up some night-after-worthy breakfast with our 'supplies'," he said, adding air quotes. 

I sighed of relief, his casualness made me relax. 

"What, are you disappointed that you can't make me something?" He giggled and slapped my arm.

"W-what no I just-... I think we should go get some breakfast somewhere," I responded.

"That sounds like a good plan! I say we go get shabu-shabu!" He said eagerly, jumping up and running to the bathroom.

He slammed the door, then opened it again and yelled "I'm having a shower first! Can you grab me some clothes from my apartment!?" Then slammed the door again.

I chuckled slightly, then stood up to get dressed myself.

But a foul stench filled my nose when I got up, and I realised it was the weed we smoked