Assurance

Chapter eleven

|||

He grabbed me by the arm and yanked me towards the door, giving me no time to appose or even think.

For all I know, he could be some criminal, currently leading me into his home to brutally murder me.

I shuddered at the thought, but by the time I had pulled myself together, we were already standing at his door.

He unlocked it and swung it open, still not having let go of my arm.

Not even giving me a chance to take off my shoes, I braced myself for whatever awaits me inside of Ouma's apartment.

It was dim lit, only a small yet bright light luminating from beyond the hallway.

The walls were covered in.. weapons?

Weapons, and posters and other things I couldn't make out in the dark.

As he pulled me closer and closer to the light, I felt the hairs on my neck stand up.

Was this it? Was he really-

Huh?

...

Huh!?

...

The light that had been shining brightly came from a stand with an LED light on it, which stood on a desk that held three monitors and a PC that gave off a red light.

A pink chair was pushed slightly away from the desk that had bunny ears sticking out from it, and a microphone was rigged to the setup.

Not only that, but a seemingly high quality camera was positioned on top of the monitor.

The set up didn't seem professional in the sense of an office job, but more as in..

"Ouma-kun, you're-"

"I'm a streamer!"

Huh?!

"What do you mean? What kind of streamer? What do you stream?!"

"It's.. well, I stream on twitch.. I mostly do.. video games, but I cosplay sometimes too-"

"Are you kidding me?!"

"What? No.. I mean, I know I haven't been the most truthful but this is 100 percent the truth-"

I interrupted him by grabbing his shoulders and spinning him towards me.

"Ouma-kun, do you know how scared I was? I thought you were going to be a criminal and I'd have to report you to the police!"

He giggled, which developed in to laughter.

"Shumai, you really believed that?! I thought you were some crazy fan to be honest.. that's why I.. well, I just wanted to make sure you didn't know me."

"Ouma-kun, what do you mean crazy fan? Have you dealt with crazy fans before? How many fans do you have..?"

"Well, I told you that I was the leader of a secret organization with 10'000 members.. which is half true! I have my organization, my viewers, which I call D.I.C.E, but it's not really a secret organization," he said, sighing slightly.

"I have 860'000 viewers, but if I had said that I run a secret organization with that many members, you would've believed it even less.."

"Ouma-kun, were you planning on messing with me this whole time?"

He nodded, "well, sort of. It was a test, to make sure you didn't know me, see, I've been dealing with a stalker for a while now.. I was just worried."