My hero

Chapter eight

|||

The rain had stopped pouring by the time I arrived back home.

My futon had dried, though it still slightly smelled like sweat, same with my pillow.

I had taken off my coat and shoes at the door and shook the remaining rain drops off of my umbrella.

Judging by the dark grey clouds rolling in on the horizon, it wouldn't be the last I would be using my umbrella this week.

I practically ripped off my tie, throwing it on the floor in my room, yet quickly picked it up again and placed it in a small basket I had gathered my laundry in.

I could do it tomorrow night, by then it would also be needed.

I sighed and unbuttoned my shirt, trying to put a t-shirt on as fast as possible, though again, as if my 'luck' never disappeared from my side, as I had two buttons left, a knock sounded from my door.

I tried to quickly change my shirt before opening the door, but out of pure panic, my fingers fumbled on the buttons, and the person behind the door knocked again.

"Oi, Saihara-san!" 

It was Ouma-kun.

"Saihara-san, I'm coming in~"

What? Why would he just walk into my apartment-

Before I could think of being mad at him for barging in, the door was pulled open as I stood in the middle of my room, sweating slightly, heat rising to my cheeks as I tried to button my shirt up again since taking it off would be even worse in this situation.

I tried to push out a word, a sentence, anything, perhaps something like 'What are you doing here', or 'I'm trying to get changed here', but with his eyes on me, all I could do was turn away.

Thinking he'd have any appropriate social cues, or at least a sense of decency was a mistake of me to even consider.

I heard him take off his shoes as he walked closer, "Hey, why are you putting your shirt back on?", he asked, walking in front of me and staring at me, at my shirt.

"I was- I was going to take it off but- Then you-"

"Don't let my presence stop you, Saihara-san!", Ouma-kun exclaimed, lifting his arms as if he were surrendering.

"Well it's- kind of embarrassing, Ouma-kun-"

"I don't mind," he said, lowering his index finger to his lips, grinning.

My cheeks lit up like a lightbulb.

"Well- I do!", I exclaimed, stepping back and looking around for the nearest t-shirt.

He shrugged and continued staring at me as I picked up a random shirt and sped into the bathroom to get changed.

'What's with this guy?' I thought to myself as I stared at him from the doorway after getting changed.

He was looking around again, even though he had already seen my apartment before.

"Can I help you with anything, Ouma-kun..?", I said cautiously while stepping forward, chucking my dress shirt into the basket.

"Oh! Actually, I was thinking, since you bought me a drink and you've lived here for.. Two days? I thought it was appropriate for me to ask if you wanted to go out for some drinks with me!", he said. 

Since I wasn't blinding by embarrassment anymore, I could look at him properly. 

He had changed his clothes since this morning.