Chapter 270 | Recollections / After Stories

Start from the beginning

Now he felt like a living person again. The stuffy heat clinging onto him felt as if it got washed away, starting from the top of his head.

But then....

"...Ah."

....A scene from the past suddenly entered Baek Yun-Ho's brain.

The side profile of a face he saw back then!

"Captain!"

Seong Il-Hwan's eyes opened wider as he turned to look at his junior.

"Yeah?"

Baek Yun-Ho hurriedly carried on.

"You know, that the large-scale blaze in Daesung Building three years ago.... You still remember that, Captain? Our team got trapped in there and almost died, didn't we?"

"Yeah, I remember."

Back then, Seong Il-Hwan and his crew were steadily losing their consciousness after being trapped within the blaze, but a mysterious stranger appeared out of nowhere, like some kind of a fantasy, and helped them to survive the ordeal.

This mystery man rescued the isolated firefighters before disappearing without a trace, leading some to question whether the folks that day saw a mass hallucination at the same time or not.

"Actually, I saw the side profile of that man for a brief moment before I passed out, you see."

"Oh, is that so?"

"Yes. But that guy looked so much like....."

Unfortunately, Baek Yun-Ho didn't get to finish what he wanted to say.

Because Seong Il-Hwan had ripped open a packet of bread he brought along with the water bottle and pushed the resulting chow in Baek Yun-Ho's mouth, that's why.

"Euph, euph??"

Baek Yun-Ho chewed through the bread and tilted his head.

"Captain?"

Seong Il-Hwan didn't try to answer with verbal replies and grinned as he bit into his own bread.

And, as if to cool down the heads of the firefighters fatigued by all that heat, a gentle breeze blew in from somewhere and brushed past their hair, ever so softly.

***

Inside a conference chamber located on the top floor of a certain high-rise building.

"Chairman?"

"...."

"Sir, are you alright?"

Yu Jin-Ho barely managed to suppress the corners of his lips trying to rise up to the heavens above.

"Yes, I'm fine. Well, then. Let's continue...."

Yu Jin-Ho fished through the documents placed in front of him before raising his head up to see the faces of his employees filling up the conference chamber. He formed an embarrassed grin and asked them a question.

"Uhm, what were we talking about just now?"

"..."

The expressions of these employees hardened for a short while after they all realised that their boss hadn't heard a thing they were talking about for the past 30 minutes of the meeting.

However, they calmed themselves and got the meeting going again.

"Sir, we were informing you that we need to come up with a new title for the virtual reality video game our company is about to publish."