Chapter 258 | Side Story 15

9. I'm going there to meet you right now (1)

The United States of America, inside the official residence of the nation's president – the White House.

Several bigshots gathered in this iconic white building created for the President of the U.S. of A to live and work.

"...."

Every single one of these important government officials occupying a spot inside the briefing room all carried tense expressions. Among them, one person carried the gloomiest expression.

The American President continued to rub his face, wondering over and over again if he had made the right call.

'Rifts formed on an empty sky, and unidentified objects began appearing from there.'

It was an unprecedented historical event. But, was it the right thing to handle this incredible event without saying a word to the public at large?

No, before that, did they even possess the capability to deal with 'the objects that came out' from there?

All he could do was anxiously wait for the arrival of the commander in charge of the operation. And, when the entrance to the conference room opened up and General Chester Harrison entered, the President quickly got up from his seat to welcome the military man.

"Harrison, just what the hell happened back there?"

The final report sent in from the location of the event was...

– The situation has been normalised. I repeat, the situation this side has been normalised.

....That report, sadly enough, lacked the most important 'how' of that normalisation process.

That was why so many bigshots, including the POTUS himself, were nervously waiting for the arrival of the military man inside this conference room.

Chester mouthed a brief greeting to his boss and scanned the room for a short while, and stood in front of the room.

"Rather than me trying to describe the situation to you, it'll be far quicker to play the video contained in here."

What he was holding was a small USB stick. The President grew curious about its contents in an instant and hurriedly nodded his head.

Not just him, though, but everyone present within the room was staring at the tense-faced general's hand. He slotted the USB stick in the terminal and video footage began playing on the giant screen installed on the wall of the conference room.

"This is the footage captured by the surveillance drones and robots."

Chester Harrison spoke those short introductory words and stood beside the screen while swallowing down his own nervous saliva.

He couldn't even begin to imagine how these folks would react to the footage about to be played. Well, he'd seen it several times before coming here, and he was still unsure how to take it, even now.

However, what was really important here was that it did happen.

The evidence of that was contained within this USB drive, and as the commander in charge of this operation, it was his duty to reveal it to this gathering of higher-ups.

The beginning of the footage started off with the 'cracks' in the sky.

"Keu-heum...."

"Huh-uh!"

Several gasps of shocks came from here and there as giants seemingly made out of rocks emerged from the rift reminiscent of dimension itself shattering away.