"Hunter-nim, you once told me that the monsters of the dungeons were sent here by the beings called the Rulers, didn't you?"

"Yes, I did."

"In that case, what are these Rune Stones found inside the bodies of the monsters?"

"They are gifts from the Rulers to enable humanity to hunt monsters down more efficiently."

What the Rulers wanted was to spread Mana around this world through violent clashes between monsters and mankind. The sacrifices made by humans were simply a side-effect, not their true end goal.

Indeed, these Rune Stones – stones inserted into the monsters so, upon their deaths, their powers could be sealed within – were the sign of the Rulers' consideration towards mankind's monster hunting.

And so, Kamish's power was stored within this stone.

Jin-Woo took hold of the Dragon's power that would play the crucial role in his fightback.

The director tensely observed Jin-Woo grasping the Rune Stone tightly and swallowed his dry saliva.

"Truly.... Can you truly stop the monsters with that thing?"

"Well, I should at least give it a shot."

Even at this very moment, the armies led by the Dragon Emperor were repeating the actions of destroying everything in their paths and advancing forward before stopping to destroy some more.

Thanks to the Mana from the Rulers fortifying the planet, the marching speed of the Army of Destruction had been pegged back somewhat, but that would only last for a short while.

Soon, every inch of this land would be engulfed in the conflagration of war. He simply couldn't sit back and watch as the world crumbled, now could he?

The powers of the Shadow Sovereign that they feared so much – they tried to cowardly hit him from behind and prevent that power from blossoming, but now, it was time to show them what this power in the hands of a measly little lifeform was capable of achieving.

"I'm planning to do everything within my power."

The unwavering will within Jin-Woo's two eyes left a powerful impact on the director's heart.

Seeing that this young Korean Hunter wasn't trying to avoid fighting the enemy, even though he knew full well their frightening scale, the older American man realised how pathetic he was behaving not too long ago when his mind was still filled with thoughts of running away and nothing else besides.

'I wanted to go to where my daughter was? You stupid son of a b*tch....'

He felt so, so ashamed of himself. And also, he wanted to witness this young man's battle right up until its conclusion, regardless of how everything would play out.

"I know I have no right to ask you of this, but.... Please, I beg of you. Please, stop those b*stards, those monsters."

The director bowed his head deeply as tears trickled down his face again. Maybe, what he really wanted to avoid was not his impending doom, which would most likely be at the hands of the monsters.

No, the truth was, he simply lacked the courage to witness his countrymen getting killed and pillaged by these abominable monsters when he was supposed to be the leader of the Hunter Bureau, a man whose job was to be at the forefront, leading the Hunters in the battle against humanity's enemies.

Even if it was nothing but a straw, it didn't matter.

Just a single strand was enough at this point.

If there was one glimmer of hope, then he'd do anything to grasp it.