A Day off -15-

Mulai dari awal

I sat at the table while he bustled around. I didn't even know what he was making, but it was probably going to be really good. "I'm just warming up a croissant for me. I don't know if you want one, but I'm not used to eating huge a breakfast."

"That's fine by me." I shrugged and he smiled, popping the croissants in the microwave.

"Coffee?"

"Sure." I didn't have a huge love for coffee but every once in a while it was good.

I saw him smile as he switched on the coffee maker. Then the microwave beeped. He moved over to it and took the croissants out. He put them on the table in front of me. I left them alone, wanting to wait until he sat down with me

He made the coffee, then he put some jelly and butter on the table along with a knife before sitting down. For a few moments we sat in near silence, nothing but the sounds of us eating filled the room. Then my eyes flickered up to look at him. He was staring at me.

"Yes?" He said with a small smile.

"I didn't say anything." I muttered, taking a sip of my coffee.

"I know." He said, wiping his mouth with a napkin. I heard a soft tapping sound. I didn't need to look to know it was his hand. "How much do you remember of last night?"

"Enough to know this is something I want to pursue...in spite of all the things saying I shouldn't." I said quietly. He nodded, and we spent the next few minutes in near silence. All I could hear was the sound of the birds chirping and our utensils clicking and clattering.

When I was done, I stood up and grabbed my plate and his to take them to the sink. On my way over, I heard the soft patter of of feet in the hallway. I froze and looked stopped to see who it was. The footsteps stopped and I heard a small yawn.

"Bonjour," Alice said sleepily as she stepped into the room. She turned and noticed me and smiled. "Bonjour, Cameron." She ran a hand through her hair then said something to Sebastian in French while I leaned awkwardly against the counter. He nodded in response and she yawned again before shuffling over to the coffee machine.

He gestured for me to follow him as he walked out of the kitchen.

I followed him up the stairs and he suddenly stopped walking, causing me to almost step on his foot. I quickly put my foot back and leaned around him to see why he stopped. It was Noel. He smiled at me. He had shaved recently and his black hair was sticking up in bizarre tuffs. He was shirtless, wearing a pair of gray boxers. I heard Sebastian sigh and he stepped over to the side so Noel could move past him. "Bonjour, Cameron." He said, his dark eyes glinting with humor. Noel always a look on his face like he knew something you didn't. It was a little off-putting, but overall he seemed harmless.

"Good morning," Sebastian said something to him very quietly, and Noel laughed and stepped around us.

"Do you happen to have an extra tooth brush? I feel like my morning breath is at it's all time worst right now." He laughed and I trailed after him as he lead me upstairs to a closet. He got a green tooth brush from the very top shelf (I never would have been able to reach it without some kind of help) and handed it to me. I thanked him and he muttered, "This almost matches your eyes." He smiled at me and we lapsed into another silence.

"Um," I said, not really sure where I was going with my words. "W-where's your bathroom?"

"Oh, it's right over there..." He pointed to a door a little ways away. Was it just me or did his face look a little red? I couldn't tell. "I'll be downstairs if you need me." He smiled at me again before letting me walk off to brush my teeth.