Chapter 9: Let's Go And Raid Some Hunters

Seraphina and Nikolai made their way to Celestine, where Sylvia had been waiting for them

"Are you alright Syl you didn't engage with the hunters right", Sera asked her friend in a hurry. Sera knew Syl had a deep hatred for the hunters, she worried if Sylvia ever came close to one she would attack and then end up in danger.

"I am fine Sera. I won't repeat the same mistake and go after them alone, not when I have friends who will fight with me. Aren't you going to ask me what I found?", Sylvia replied with a smile. To think how much she changed under the influence of Sera.

Sera smiled too, she had never thought she would be someone with a best friend who knew her so well, other than Nikolai. But deep within her a spark of fear struck, she never wanted Nik or Syl to get hurt, the kind of work they did would never guarantee that. Sera always tried to do the work in solo missions. Nik and Sly were always adamant about helping her in whatever way possible, sometimes Sera could not deny them, there was only so much one can do. 

Sera's father was also more than ready to dip his feet in danger to help her, but she tried to keep this to a minimum, she can't lose her father too. She was too afraid to even think about that possibility.

"Where is the base? You said you found it.", asked Nik in an urgency.

"I did. It is very close to the location from where the princess could have been taken. The princess was just in the correct place at the correct time from the perspective of the hunters", explained Sylvia, her voice holding her hate for the hunters.

At that moment the entrance door opened, Cassius, Leo and Theron entered. Cassius was still busy glaring at Theron, he didn't like the fact that Theron was here too. But Cassius could not deny the determination he saw in Theron to find Lyra, was he going to acknowledge it? Definitely not.

Seraphine eyebrows scrunched up. "What are they doing here?", she asked no one in particular.

"I messaged them. Figured they could help us." said Nik ready for Sera's onslaught.

"What? Why? We can't put them in danger too. Nik I have told you already...", Nik interrupts Sera in the middle.

"I know Cousin, but it's different this time. You are used to doing spying work which is better done alone. But this time it's like going on a raid which is best done in groups. And I believe they are more than capable and willing to do this with us. Please Cousin, just because you can do it alone doesn't mean you have to do it alone. What if you get hurt this time?", pleads Nik. He couldn't bear to see Sera do all this alone.

Sera doesn't reply to anything immediately. She turns her back to the others and keeps her hands on the bar table, a place where she spent so much of her time working, taking a moment to think. Her eyes moved from one corner to the other. She didn't have anything to say because she knew he was correct. She is such a hypocrite, she thought. She herself had told Sylvia to not go after the hunters alone and here she was ready to do the same.