Chapter 25

Sakura woke earlier than normal, she knew that Chief, Naruto, Hinata and Shikamaru would have left that morning so teams 8 and 10 would be a person short and she was hoping she could team up with Ino today. The two girls had completely repaired their friendship and were working hard to not only improve it but also their skills as Kunoichis.

Though they did admit they had not improved the latter as much as they thought they would. They worked hard and tried to push themselves, but something was off, they were not making the same gains they had during the training camp.

Dressing quickly, she went to the ramen stand for her breakfast, that food had done wonders for her. She was stronger had more energy and was able to train more, yet if did not add any unwanted weight to her body. Sure, for an Akimichi large bulk was not only ok it was a great thing…she was not an Akimichi.

Sitting to eat in silence she was halfway done before she realized Sasuke had not arrived. This alerted her, even though he never so much as said thank you to the cook, she knew he was always here for his morning meal as it did help training.

"Sakura?" Kakashi Sensei spoke up as he approached the stand. "You will be training with team 10 for the week Shikamaru is with Chief. I will be on a mission away from the village."

And before she could finish chewing and swallowing her food he was gone again. Nodding more to herself then the now long-gone sensei she stood and stepped away from the stand before a thought hit her mind.

"What the hell did Sasuke do this time?

"Damn good question," Ino's voice spoke up from behind the pink. "Keep your voice down."

Sakura got that meaning and looked around before the two girls quickly left the area. After they made it to the training ground team 10 used Ino looked to her friend,

"Something happened a few hours ago, no one is talking." The Bleach spoke. "But from what I have been able to figure out…Sasuke attacked Hinata."

"He…what?" Sakura asked shocked.

"Sasuke attacked Hinata, I know it seems impossible and I know there is more to the story then that so, for now, we just wait and listen…mother would be upset if I start talking about something like this without knowing."

A cold shiver went down both girl's spines at that moment,

"Oh…my little toys," Anko's voice called out. "Have you learned something?"

Both girls spun around and stared at the woman that was still in their nightmares,

"Anko-san?" They spoke as one.

"Don't call me that, you make me sound old…we are sisters after all." The snake summoner smiled and pulled both girls into an embrace.

"Un…Anko?" Sakura started. "have we…ah…why are you here?"

"Well since Ibiki is busy playing," As she spoke the girls shivered with how the woman said the word 'playing'. "I was kind of bored and figured I would check on my toys. Now face me and let me get a look at you both."

The girl reluctantly obeyed and stood before her. Anko looked over them both with a calculating eye,

"I can see neither of you have been lazy," she started. "But it is clear you both have fallen behind in some way."