Chapter 20

Seven full days passed since the teams were picked and even though many of the teams would meet up to train and hang out. The days were mainly basic training as well as learning rules they did not teach you in the Academy. One thing to note, Chief had taught both TenTen and Naruto a set of seals to place around a training ground making it impossible for anyone not invited to enter.

Kakashi was happy since they were strong enough to keep Gai out of his training field unless he wanted his rival there. The reason Kakashi did not add the seals before was Chief had invented them while away in exile.

So many of the kids were able to show their true skills during training without worrying about 'spies' learning about their true skills and would only learn what the kids showed them while out about the village.

This day, the start of the eighth day would be the first official group training day, it was also the first day for D-rank missions.

"So," Naruto asked. "Which team do I start with today?"

"Do you have a preference?" Chief asked.

"Any team but team 7. I don't need the prick today," Naruto replied with a straight face.

"What if it is team nine with Gai, remember we go to them we train their way."

"Any team but 7," Naruto replied. "At least Gai tries to have fun...even if what he calls fun we call hell, the attempt is there."

Chief nodded and pulled a bag from his pocket and reached in, finding what he wanted he pulls out a simple piece of paper.

"And the winner is...10," Chief announced.

"So off to work with Asuma, Shikamaru, and Choji?" Naruto smiled and turned to head out.

"And Ino Yamanaka," Chief reminded him.

"Is she a Kunoichi yet?"

"We both know that she and pink have been putting in a couple hours a night after team training is over, we both watched them not two days ago." Chief corrected.

"I know, I can see they are trying but they are way off the pace," Naruto replied as they left 93.

"They don't have Anko there with her cane," Chief nodded. "But the rules are set the girls have to return to bitches before I force them to deal with Anko again. Till then they would actually have to ask for her help."

"Do you really think they are that stupid?" Naruto asked.

"Not anymore, but they probably realize they are not getting what they want at the moment, they might be getting desperate"

Naruto shivered when the Chief saw that he looked at the boy.

"Sorry, last time I saw them desperate was Valentine's Day, they were determined to be the first one to give Sasuke their chocolates before each other or any of the fangirls did...It was not pleasant.

"What wasn't?" Shikamaru called out as he yawned. (they were not yet in the safety of their team training ground. so Shikamaru was doing his 'troublesome lazy ass routine)

"Last Valentine's Day, with Sakura and Ino," Naruto smiled back.

Shikamaru yawned, "that was troublesome and scary."