Chapter 2-

"Special training Camp?" Ino asked confused as she looked at her father, then Shikamaru and Choji. These were her fellow classmates and the sons of her father's teammates -there was no doubt this would be her team.

The boys just shrugged as they turned to their fathers, "Why? I thought we passed."

"We don't know" the elder Nara spoke.

"We just got the message, all graduates report to training ground 93 at ten in the morning the day after tomorrow," the elder Yamanaka continued.

"A direct order from the Hokage," Choji's father finished. "As shinobi of the leaf, you will be expected to follow orders even if said orders have no other information."

The three kids just looked at their fathers. There was a message in that last statement. Choji knew there was a hidden meaning but could not find it. Shikamaru got the hint very quickly. 'Troublesome' was the only thing he could think of. Ino did not understand at all, but she knew one thing When her father looked at her with 'those eyes' she would not get answers.

As the rain continued to fall the Yamanakas left for home. Choji's father had duty that night, so Choji stayed with Shikamaru. Shikamaru noticed it was barely five in the afternoon and there was time to kill.

"Shino?" Choji asked as if he could read his friend's mind.

"And Kiba. Something is going on and I know in my bones NOT knowing what will be more troublesome than finding out."

Kiba was slipping through the trees using the rain to cover his scent. He wanted to avoid being tracked by his mother, though he did not know how foolish that was. She knew where he was as well as why he was going.

He came across an old house with a roof that barely kept the water out. Inside he saw Choji and Shikamaru waiting. As he entered he picked up the other scent - Shino was there as well.

"Hey guys...what, no Naruto?"

"Correct," Shino replied as he stepped out of shadows.

"Ok, we are all here for the same reason, right?" Choji asked as he munched on his bag of chips.

"Training Camp?" Kiba asked to make sure.

"Correct. My father had returned from a special summons when we got the notice." Shino informed them.

"Our fathers too," Shikamaru replied and Choji nodded.

"My mom as well. She had a look in her eye that scared me. I have never seen her with that look." Kiba finished.

"There is a new person in the village," Shino started. "I know next to nothing about him, but he seems to have some power over the Hokage and many of the village's top shinobi. My allies have not been able to get close to him."

That surprised the other three as Shino never failed to tag someone. Well, almost never failed. For some reason, he still was unable to tag Naruto.

"I learned while listening in on some older Shinobi that he is called Kuzai, and many refer to him as 'The Chief'. He appears to be a special instructor with an Elite Jōnin rank. Many spoke about him in hushed voices." Shino finished his report.