Chapter 17

Chief watched the boy as he spoke about the Uzumaki blood traits, he had not planned for the boy to speak with the fox yet but after the battle with the plant in which the boy manifested the Kitsune's chakra he knew the meeting needed to take place.

Naruto slumped as he meditated, and Chief went through about seventy hand signs and placed a finger in the kid's stomach, just because he knew the meeting had to happen did not mean he was going to let a twelve-year-old kid face the demon alone the first time, that's just stupid.

So, there they were standing in the sewer, facing the cage as Naruto asked the question.

"Yes, Naruto this is the Kyubi, I felt it was time for a meeting. Jailor to the prisoner."

"Why have you returned?"

The fox growled and stepped up to the bars, to say Naruto was shocked at his size was an understatement. Chief did not reply as he just stared at the fox, he did, however, push Naruto forward,

"I'm...I am Naruto Uzumaki,"

"I know who you are human, what do you want?"

Naruto just stared at the beast and looked around.

"Look, furball," Naruto shouted back, he did notice the Fox flinch at the name. "I had no choice in this matter and I doubt you wanted to be here either. But we are stuck together cause the only way I know to release you kills me. Sorry I am not ready to die yet so we are just going to have to come to an understanding."

"Foolish human, do you know who I am."

"Look I only know two things, one; your attacks on my village were something else's doing."

The fox looked at the boy strange and so did the Chief, the Jonin hadn't yet informed him about that history.

"And two; My mother wrote about you in her diary, something I had just stolen from where it was being hidden. Now, forest or castle?"

The fox stepped closer and looked down at the boy.

"What?"

"Look I am twelve and I only know about demon lords from what I read, what I read in a few fantasy books, it usually depicts a lord in a massive castle. I need to know what I am changing this sewer into."

"why would you do that?"

"We are stuck together, right. and neither are happy right? Least we can do is find some common ground and I am sure you don't like being in this sewer."

The fox looked at him for several minutes or hours, Naruto did not know. hell, he was not even sure where he was to be honest, in his mind...in the seal...parallel universe. It did not matter, all he knew was what Chief said, 'no prisoner likes their prison.'

"Forest."

"Right," Naruto spoke and Looked at the silent Chief. "How do I fix this place?"

The Chief kept his eyes on the Fox, "It is your mind so try to change it."

Naruto nodded and sat cross legged on the only 'dry' stone he could find and closed his eyes focusing. Chief just walked forward to the cage.