Chapter 6

Kuzai walked into the Inuzuka compound as the parents were picking the sleeping kids up to take them to a comfier bed, the only one left was Naruto.

"You get him Chief?" Naruto asked without moving shocking several of the people.

"Yes, he snapped a picture of you six out cold, they now think they know your limit," Chief replied.

Naruto rolled and slowly got up, he may have still been awake, but he was more tired than he had ever been before.

"So…you can't break a Uzumaki's stamina?" Choji's mother asked almost smirking.

"I haven't tried yet," Chief replied. "Wait a few days I will break him yet."

"I am right here you know," Naruto spoke. "Who the hell was watching us, I could barely notice them."

"He is a Root Shinobi," Chief replied. see you tomorrow get some rest. Today was just a warm-up."

The Chief left and Naruto nodded and went to find someplace to sleep.

"Take off the mask." Chief spoke as he walked down the main street heading for the tower.

Dog slipped in step with him and removed the mask, Kakashi just walked with him.

"What do you feel?" Chief asked.

"Uchiha has the skill and drive, but no path and what he focuses on will lead only to ruin." Kakashi replied. "He cares for nothing I doubt he even cares for himself at the moment."

"I believe the popular term is Emo," Chief nodded. "You got your work cut out for you. And the girl?"

"A mess, thanks to Anko she is doubting everything she thought she knew, the bleach blonde too,"

"Asuma will take care of her your focus should be the pink and the prince," Chief said as they leaped up and started walking up the tower. "If the pink returns tomorrow she has a chance."

"Sure, give me the hard one and call it easy, he is such a basket case he doesn't even try to have a life how can I teach him to be a team player," Kakashi asked.

"If it was easy everyone would be asked to be a Sensei," Chief replied as they reached the top and just entered the window.

"I expected you here half an hour ago," Hokage spoke as they entered. "Losing your touch?"

"Root agent outside of the compound, had to do a show." Chief replied as he sat.

Hiruzen went quiet, he wanted to believe root had been shut down when ordered...but he never actually believed it. Danzo would never stop...another of his mistakes he will need Chief to fix.

"Forget root they have made a move and we have played them, Naruto is very skilled when it comes to tricking people, cannot wait to see his first sabotage mission, should be fun." Chief smiled.

Kakashi gave the Hokage a debriefing on the day, Hiruzen was not happy with how bad the majority did, Chief was busy reading a scroll and seemed to be ignoring the talk till he cleared his throat.

"I told you I only expected nine to make it, and looking at the teams you planned," here he held up the scroll, "I have one question..."