A Pleasant Surprise

December 13, 2012

Penelope woke up in severe pain. Over the past week or so, she'd been getting small contractions, but this time she was certain.

She woke Sam up and he yawned. "What, is it time?"

Penelope nodded. "I think so."

Sam got up, got dressed, and grabbed the bag while Penelope managed to get comfy clothes and shoes on. He helped her to the hospital and drove her to the hospital.

She was put in a wheelchair and wheeled away. Sam followed, not wanting to leave his wife's side.

Hours later, she was finally ready to deliver.

Penelope pushed and soon, the cries of a baby filled the air. The doctor said, "Congrats, Mom and Dad, it's a boy."

"Anthony Samuel," Penelope said, looking at her husband who nodded.

Ten minutes later, another baby was born. A girl.

Sam smiled at the baby girl, then glanced to his wife. "Kaylee Eliza?"

Penelope nodded. "It's perfect, Sammy."

Sam tucked her hair back and kissed her temple. "I'm so damn proud of you, Penny." He looked between the babies. "Hi, Anthony, hi, Kaylee. I'm your dad. You two have the best mom in the world."

The babies were taken and cleaned up, then given back to their parents. Penelope watched with a soft smile as Sam spoke softly to their newborns and found her eyes closing.

Sam, who noticed, said, "Get some rest, Penny. You deserve it. I'll keep an eye on these two and let you know if they need anything, like to be fed or whatever else they need."

Penelope yawned and nodded, falling asleep. "Thanks, Sammy."

Her eyes closed and Sam smiled at her, then looked down at the infants with the same smile.

Anthony Samuel and Kaylee Eliza Winchester