Brooklyn gets up from her seat and starts crossing things out on the blackboard. "Darius we're out of options. We tried kayaks, gyrospheres, more gyrospheres, Yaz's bad 'find a helicopter and learn to fly it ourselves' idea"

Yaz straightens up irritatedly and walks to the blackboard. "Oh and how about Brooklyn's worse 'go back into the tunnels and find a phone' plan?"

Brooklyn frowns and grabs the chalk from Yaz's hand.

By this time I am completely overcome by boredom, so I lean over the balcony and just stare at Bumpy.

How can I leave Bumpy again when she's always been there for me? Even after I shouted at her in the forest, she eventually came back and even saved me and Y/N.

Y/N suddenly sidles up beside me and gives me a small smile

"Hey Ben."

"Hey." I startle but give her a reluctant grin.

"What are you thinking about?"

"How'd you know I was thinking?"
I chuckle.

"I know you Ben. When you think deeply, you get a small crease between your eyebrows and you bite your lip."

I blush. "I didn't think you paid so much attention."

Her soft cheeks flush pink. "I- I- uh..."

"Yo, Jungle Boy and Rainforest Girl!"

I turn around in surprise. "What?"

"What do you think is better?"

"Um.. whatever you said," Y/N says hesitantly.

"Really? You think a human catapult is the best way to go?" Caleb asks in disbelief.

"Oh. No, that's ridiculous." I scoff. "Darius is right. The better plan is to build another raft."

"Thank you!" He smiles triumphantly.

"Fine! Since there are no other options, raft it is."

"Awesome! So where can we scavenge a sail that we haven't already looked?"

"It's a shame we can't just go to Lookout Point and hang glide all the way to Costa Rica. That would be so dope," Kenji says wistfully

"Wait. What's Lookout Point?"

"It's up in the mountains to the west. It's like, a whole deal. They've got hang gliders and everything. I used to go there all the time."

"Hang gliders! As in, materials that are literally designed to catch the wind?!"

"Yeah!" Everyone cheers.

"Hey! We could use that as a sail!" Kenji realizes.

"Good idea Kenj." Y/N teases.

•·•

"Welcome to Lookout Point" Kenji regally flourishes his arm.

We all stare at some mountains.

"Well, to be fair, Lookout Point is up there, but you get the gist."

"So how do we get up there?"

"The sky gondola, usually. But with the power out, we'll have to go on foot"

"That'll take me an hour." Yaz brags.

"Great! Then we'll meet you up there!" Brooklyn apparently turning on the sky gondolas' power.

"Solar Panels. Sky gondola." Kenji points.

"Last one there is the last one there!" Sammy says, and they all run towards the gondolas.