“Oh, yeah, I did. I didn’t really give anything away though. I wanted to talk to Landon so I left our date early.”

“What are you going to do then? You really should talk to both of them.”

“Yeah, I know. I’ll go see Noah today and tell him it’s over. Then I’ll call Landon. Maybe I still have a chance, right?”

“Exactly. You have my vote honey. Plus, my offer still stands. I’d go gay for you.”

I couldn’t help but crack up. Abby had this way of making me feel better despite how bad things seemed.

I called Noah and he sounded surprised, but agreed to meet nonetheless. We met in front of one of my favorite restaurants. I saw him walking down the street and still felt that flutter in my stomach. He was ridiculously hot and I couldn’t deny that. He was wearing a tight shirt that accentuated his muscular stature and his facial hair made him look ruggedly handsome. I had to remind myself why I was meeting him.

He smiled when he caught sight of me and I gave him a strained smile in return. “Uh oh, I don’t like what that look means.” He said, his expression showing me he already knew what was coming.

“Noah…” I started and he stopped me with a kiss.

“It’s okay. I get it.”

“Noah…” I repeated. He chuckled and pressed his forehead against mine.

“I knew from our talk yesterday that you wanted him more than me, James. It’s all right.” He pulled me into a hug. “I ended things with Mae.”

“What?” I asked, pulling back and he gave a sad smile.

“Even if you didn’t choose me, I knew it had to end with her. You showed me what I really want. I want someone who will care for me. Who will treasure the relationship we share. I can’t have you, and I understand that. But…nonetheless, it’ll be hard to find someone as amazing as you.”

I felt my cheeks burn as I smiled. I felt a tear sting my eyes. Sure, what Noah and I had seemed like it was just about sex, but there were those moments when I knew I’d felt more. But I knew my feelings for Landon were strong as well. “I don’t want to keep you hanging on, Noah. I don’t want to treat you like a backup. Do you know what I mean? Even if I don’t end up with Landon, the fact that I chose him before you should bother you.”

“I know, James.” He kissed my forehead. “I’ll miss you.” He whispered.

“I’ll miss you too.” I replied softly. We left it at that, not wanting to drag it on any longer than we needed to. It hurt me to do this, and I was afraid of how much I was hurting him as well.

Landon

Walking down the street towards James apartment, I knew I had to explain things to her. Yes, Katrina and I had a history. A history she wanted to continue with. She wanted to just pick up where we’d left off. The offer had been hard to turn down, but I couldn’t lead her on when I really felt something for James. I had to talk to her about it. The second I’d seen her last night, I couldn’t stop seeing her face in my head.

I stopped short when I caught sight of her in front of a café. She was with that other guy. Noah. He kissed her, held her close, kissed her forehead. I clenched my fists in anger.

I felt as if my blood were boiling. I wanted to hit him. I wanted to scream in frustration. James turned away from him and started heading in the direction of her apartment. I followed after her quickly, not sure what I was going to say. “Landon!” She shrieked in surprise as she caught sight of me.

“James,” I said, my voice flat.

“I need to talk to you,” She said, and I stopped her short.

“No, I need to talk to you.” I said, trying to fight the anger in my voice but failing miserably. “Don’t worry about trying to let me down easy. Katrina and I will be quite happy together and you can go on doing whatever it is that you want with that other guy. All right?” I turned swiftly, ignoring her as she called my name.

James

I was in shock. So, he’d chosen Katrina then? He ignored as I called his name and he disappeared into a cab as I chased him down. I felt my lower lip tremble and the tears roll down my cheeks. I couldn’t breathe.

He’d denied me.

He’d chosen her.

He’d chosen her.

 _________________________________________________

I love you guys! Don't kill me!!! Vote and comment please :)