Zhou Niannan also likes to watch the excitement, especially Xie Miao's.

He folded his arms and waited patiently for Xie Miao to become angry. However, there was a clear sarcasm in the girl's eyes. She did not see any shame. Instead, she asked shamelessly: "Water flows to lower places and people go to higher places. I want to live a life of superiority. What's wrong with that?"

Zhou Niannan was stunned when he heard this. For a moment, he felt that what Xie Miao said was reasonable. We are born in this world, and we can't just muddle along like a salted fish all our lives. Isn't it good to have ideals and strive for them? Then he came back to his senses. Xie Miao concealed her true temperament and created an artificial shell out of thin air to deceive Cui Muli. This is not called struggle, this is called deception!

And he, as Cui Er's good friend, would not allow this to happen.

He said without raising his eyelids: "Xie Miao, look at yourself in the mirror. What is your identity? What is Cui Er's identity? Are you qualified to climb Cui Er's high branch?"

The ancestors of the Xie family were only counts for three generations, and their title was taken back by Xie Miao's grandfather's generation. Xie Miao's father was a local magistrate. He heard that he died in office early... How could Xie Miao have the confidence to marry Cui Er and become his wife?

What he said was very smooth, harsh and merciless. Even if she were to live another life, Xie Miao could not help but feel chills.

Just because she came from a humble background and was not as prominent as Dingyuan Marquis and the Cui family, so no matter what she did, it was all in vain.

In their world, birth determines everything. No matter how hard she tries, all she gets is his contemptuous words: Xie Miao, where do you have the confidence to be worthy of Cui Muli?

Xie Miao pursed her lips tightly, her chest rising and falling.

"Third Young Master Zhou." Xie Miao's voice trembled slightly, "What do you want from me?"

Zhou Niannan raised his head and asked aggressively, "What was the purpose of your visit to my mother yesterday?"

The purpose?

Xie Miao replied: "If I say that I have admired Madam Marquis Dingyuan for a long time, would you believe it?"

"I don't believe it." He said simply and neatly: "If there is no benefit, you won't be able to get up early. Since you went, you must have a plan."

He certainly didn't know that she went to save the lives of the 283 people in the Dingyuan Marquis Mansion, but so what if he knew? His fixed impression of her would never change, ever.

Since no one will believe you when you tell the truth, it's better to continue telling lies.

She then said: "The Marquis of Dingyuan is so powerful in the world, and the Marquis of Dingyuan's wife is unparalleled in beauty. I have admired her for a long time. I heard that she was here, so I went to visit..."

The gorgeous but insincere compliment came out of her mouth. Zhou Niannan raised his eyes impatiently and said every word like a knife, "Xie Miao, I advise you to put away those little calculations. The Cui Mansion is not a threshold for you to step into and my Dingyuan Marquis Mansion is even less so."

Listen to this, no matter what her true intentions are, she always comes across as having impure thoughts and ulterior motives.

She seemed to return to that scene. The man who had returned from the bloody battle had lost his former stubbornness, had broad shoulders, and a calm demeanour. He had grown into a man who stood tall and upright. Although they were not friends, they were still young acquaintances, not to mention that she was married to Cui Muli at the time. She thought she was worthy of him after the Dingyuan Marquis Mansion was destroyed. Unexpectedly, her kind deed was rewarded with a contemptuous smile from him.