Chapter 13 - Ambivalence

Kaenna's POV
4:54 AM

That kiss took me by surprise. I immediately pushed him away. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I said, my voice rising.

He smirked and said, "Just taking my reward, is it bad?" Then he made his way inside his car and drove off.

Parang gago to si Jefferson, ah. I stood there surprised, getting hit by the soft cold breeze of wind.

Well, it's time to go home. I called a cab whenever one would pass by yet no one seemed to notice me. Hindi naman masyadong malayo yung house namin from here but it was four in the morning.

I'd rather be safe than sorry. Moments passed and not one cab stopped by, but a familiar car did. It was Sailom's car, a white Porsche.

"You look like you need a ride, honey." He said, as the window of his car came down.
I smiled at what he said and nodded.

Sailom Jirochtikul is a famous actor. Known for his roles at multiple famous tv series and movies that are of boyslove genre.

We met at one club with Dariahna and Joriahna, and we immediately clicked and became besties.

"What are you waiting for? Get in. I'll drop you at your house." He said, and I nodded before opening the seats of his car and getting in.

Once I was inside, he immediately asked. "What are you doing in here, at this time too...?" I sighed before answering.

"It's a long story. What are YOU doing here? Aren't you supposed to be filming another series?" I said. Sailom is one of the most sought out actors in the industry.

With his pretty face, everyone wants him. "Tumakas ka naman no?" I added. His face curved into a small smile. "You know me so well, don't ya?" He said, starting the car.

On our way to my house, I told him everything that happened in the span of mere hours. After I was done relaying everything to him, he sighed a deep sigh and said.

"Look girl, I may not have been there for you when he left you at that time, but I certainly could feel the pain. So it's better to steer clear your paths from Jefferson. I don't want you to be the crying mess you were the first time we met. Remember?"

I smiled sadly. When Sailom and I first met, it was one year when I saw Jefferson with another man. It was devastating to me. Remembering all the things we did to the things Jefferson left me.

At that time, Joriahna's parents, who are quite fond of Ezrealine, took care of him for me. Then, Dariahna and Joriahna took me to a high end club to drink, which led me to a crying mess.

That time Sailom was with us, so he comforted me. I told him everything and he knows everything.

"I know. I'm trying to. But it seems like he wants to come back in my life after all of these years." I said, but then he quickly replied, "So? Don't let his puny little tricks get you. It happened once, don't you think it won't happen again?"

I nodded. It was true. Jefferson's words back then were like a soft melody flowing into my ears. His actions were like sweet little treats, who I couldn't get enough of. But eventually, all of that changed. His words and actions became bittersweet.

"Look. I just want the best for you, remember. Anyways! We are here na, at your apartment complex." He said, as he parked the car right outside.

I looked outside, we were indeed here. I checked the time on my phone as I made my way outside his car. It was 5:22 AM. I thanked him, and he just flipped me off and drove the car away.

Sailom is surely something. I slowly stepped onwards to the apartment's entrance as I thought of the things that happened today. From Jefferson's actions to Sailom's words.

I couldn't quite discern my feelings over everything, but I hope things will be eventually better. After a few moments of contemplation, I reached the doors of my apartment unit.

I unlocked it using my key and gladly saw my baby sleeping in our room. He looked so much like Jefferson, and he looked so beautiful.

I'm so glad that he was one of the result of whatever happened between me and Jefferson.

By then, I could hear my phone vibrate. I got in and saw Dariahna's name on my screen. I answered the phone and heard the bitch said, "What's up? I just woke up and saw your 3 missed calls."

"Kanina pa yan. I was gonna ask you to fetch me from that cruise event." I replied.

"What the fuck were you doing there?" Dariahna replied, surprised as to why I was there. "Don't tell me that you came just to see Jefferson...? Who even told you Jefferson was there? Was it Joriahna?" He added.

"Fuck no. Hindi ako ganon ka marupok. I worked tell, and I'll tell you the deets. Come over muna, I'm so tired. Can you watch Ezrealine for me until I wake up?" I requested.

I heard the boy sigh on the other line. "Fine. You better tell me everything. Everything ha.  Be there at like, 30 minutes." Then I heard the phone ring.

Thank God my bestfriends are here to help me. I then got into the bed with Ezrealine, and cuddled my kid to sleep.

- end of chapter -

Author's Note: Tell me if there's any mistakes thanks.