P R O L O U G E

Kaenna's POV
9:37 AM

“YOU'RE PREGNANT.”

“W-what? Paano Doc eh hindi naman ako babae at wala din po akong mattress.” Gulat na sagot ko dito.

“Ah, iho. Ikaw ay isang carrier, ikaw ay isang lalaking may kakayahang makapagdalang tao. Bihira lang ang taong gaya mo.” Sabi naman ng Doctor.

Ilang minuto pa ay dumating ang matalik kong kaibigan na si Dariahne Faye Zyhellone.

“Magandang umaga ho Dr. Revaldez, ano ho yung resulta ng tests na kinuha niyo? Mayroon po ba siyang sakit, o karamdaman na dapat ay ipagbigay alam sa akin?” Panimula ni Dariahna.

“Wala siyang sakit iho. Siya ay buntis kung kaya't suka siya nang suka mga nakaraang araw.” Tugon ng Doctor sa kanya.

“Ho? Hindi naman po siya babae, imposibleng mangyari yun Doc.” Nalilitong sagot ni Dariahna.

“Yes, tama ka. That's impossible to happen on boys, unless if they're carriers. Carriers are rare, only 0.12 percent of the world's total population are carriers.” Sagot naman ni Doc.

Na-enlighten naman si Dariahna, kung kaya't he nodded slowly while processing what the Doctor said.

“Okay po Doc. So what exactly is a carrier?” Tanong ni Dariahna.

“Carriers are boys who has the ability to conceive children, like your best friend. The thing about carriers tho, when they're about to give birth, cesarean delivery ang kailangan since there's no place or pathway na maaring daanan ng baby.” The Doctor explained.

“Oh. Okay Doc, thank you. Can I know what the do's and don'ts para while my best friend is pregnant?” Dariahna asked, and the Doctor obliged.

After a few minutes, the Doctor was done explaining kung ano yung bawal at hindi kay Dariahna, then he left.

“Okay, bawal ka ma stress. Bawal ka manigarilyo, bawal ka uminom, bawal ka sa soft drinks. You shouldn't also eat undercooked fish or anything undercooked, processed food, and raw eggs.” Dariahna explained.

“Okay, thank you. About my pregnancy, should I tell him?” I asked.

“Who? Jefferson? God no, I'll fully support you and the baby financially.” Dariahna replied.

That's how Dariahna ask. What can I say? The bitch is born with a silver spoon over his mouth. His family is rich, maybe not rich enough to compete with the Guivez, but rich enough to be invited into social galas only the elite could obtain.

“He deserves the right to know, Dari.” Sabi ko. “May karapatan siya sa bata.” I added.

“No he doesn't. He does not have the right to anything. You know damn well he just fucked you and left during the night of my party so don't try to defend him.” Dariahna argued, his voice getting a little strong, but then he looked at me and noticed my stress building up.

“Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to stress you, but come to think of it. When was the last time you guys communicated? The night of my birthday? That was two months ago babe.” Dariahna apologized and explained.

I nodded and gave a fake smile. Dariahna is right, the man doesn't deserve it. Pero why does my body feel the need to tell him about our child?

• End of Chapter •

Hi, this is the author. Please comment on anything wrong, may it be grammatical errors, spelling errors, or anything. Thank you.