Twenty-One

Today was absolutely incredible spending time with Nam Seon Ho! I lounged on my cozy bed, indulging in some self-care because, well, why not? As one of those skincare enthusiasts, I can't help but be obsessed with taking care of my skin. After all, it's important to cherish and pamper our precious skin. So, I gently applied an eye cream and pampered myself with a range of other skincare products.

After finishing my nighttime skincare regimen, I eagerly hopped back into bed, sinking into the cozy mattress. I snuggled under the velvety blanket, covering my face, and peacefully drifted off to sleep.

"Ah--Ah, 엄마 아빠, don't leave me! Ple-ase." ( Mom dad )

"Please, don't go! I love you." I pleaded.

"Yeha?!, Yeha!!" My mom screamed and splashed some water on my face.

As I stirred awake, I sensed a few droplets of water gently caressing my face. Gradually, I pried open my eyes, only to be greeted by a hazy vision caused by the trickling water. Through the blur, I could make out the concerned gazes of my parents fixated on me.

A whirlwind of questions swirled in my mind, leaving me utterly bewildered. Was it all just a figment of my imagination? How did I end up here? What transpired? The confusion consumed me. With a trembling voice, I mustered the courage to softly inquire, "Mom, what happened?"

"Yeha, you were screaming and begging us to stay with you." She took a deep breath and then, continued.

"You had a nightmare, Yeha."

"Have you been watching or reading some movies or books related to kidnapped or missing parents?" My dad asked.

"Definitely not!" I proclaimed.

"Good." My dad spoke in a cold voice.

What's going on, here?

"Now, that everything is fine, I will be heading towards the kitchen to cook breakfast for all of us!" My Mom said and went downstairs.

"I"ll be leaving too." Dad informed.

Oh my goodness! I can't believe how silly I was! I woke up from the most bizarre and terrifying nightmare ever. I care so much about my parents and friends. I couldn't bear the thought of being separated from them or losing them. They are the ones who bring joy and meaning to my life. With all these thoughts swirling in my head, I jumped out of bed, tidied up my sheets, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and hopped into the shower.

As a shower singing enthusiast, I eagerly turned on the shower tap and began belting out various popular tunes that popped into my head. The beauty of shower singing lies in its freedom from restrictions - there's no one to criticize, no pressure to hit the right notes, and no need to sound perfect! It's a place where you can let loose, have a blast, and truly be yourself.

I leisurely enjoyed my time in the shower, savoring every minute for about half an hour. Afterward, I emerged from my refreshing shower and returned to my clothes. I decided to slip into a lovely empire waist dress adorned with delicate yellow floral patterns, which perfectly complemented my style. To add a touch of playfulness, I styled my hair into two adorable pigtails, enhancing my overall appearance with a cute and youthful vibe. And of course, I made sure to apply a generous coat of pink, plumpy lip balm, ensuring my lips stayed moisturized and luscious throughout the day.

It's quite embarrassing to admit, but I had a little mishap on the stairs while going down. Of course, my mom couldn't resist teasing me about it, as she always does. It seems like everyone knows about my clumsiness by now. My mom never misses a chance to express her annoyance at my lack of coordination, while my dad believes I'll never be able to handle the challenges of the real world because of it. But I disagree. Being clumsy doesn't make me any less mature or incapable of understanding things.

Apart from that, today was an incredibly joyous day for me as our winter break has finally begun and Christmas is just three days away! "It's officially the Christmas season!" I exclaimed excitedly as I made my way towards the dining area.

"Yeha, would you like to help us with the Christmas decorations for the house?" My dad asked morelike, ordered me.

"Sure!" I said with a fake smile.

I'm aware that many individuals enjoy decorating for Christmas, but when my father requested my assistance, it seemed to entail more of a cleaning task. Dusting, washing windows, and other household chores were on the agenda. Moreover, during Christmas, we don't ask our maid to clean the house. Our family believes that during such a holy occasion, it is our responsibility to take care of the cleaning. Personally, I'm not particularly fond of this idea.

My mom brought us breakfast and we began to eat. "Mom, the food is delicious!" I complimented.

"Stop lying." She smiled.

"I am not lying, your food is always mouthwatering." I continued.

I don't know why but I found my dad smirking.

"Thanks, darling!" My mom replied.

"Oh! By the way dad, when are we starting the decorations?" I inquired.

"Now, after breakfast."

"What?" I frowned as my dad raised one of his eyebrows.

"Never mind." I continued eating.

After devouring our breakfast, my dad asked for my assistance in cleaning the windows. Ugh, I was so irritated! Cleaning is just so repulsive to me. I mean, I'm not exactly known for my cleaning skills. Sure, I enjoy organizing my room, but cleaning? No way! Not every girl is obsessed with cleanliness, and I'm definitely not one of them.

"Dad, how long is going to take?" I asked annoyingly.

"We may continue till the evening." He answered.

"무엇? I and Jamie have planned a meeting today evening." (What?)

"What is important? Jamie or me?"

"Dad, what? This doesn't even make sense to me." I replied.

"Stop arguing, don't you want to help your dad?"

When was the time I had a argument with him? I'm kind of confused about these parents, and whenever I mention it to my mom, she always says that I'll understand when I become a mother. I really want to go out and spend time with Jamie, but my dad disagrees. I sighed and carried on with my work.

After completing the task of cleaning the windows, I proceeded towards the storeroom upon receiving information about the presence of Christmas decorations. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by a sight of numerous cardboard boxes accompanied by a significant amount of dust. A slight cough escaped my lips as I cautiously opened one of the cardboard boxes, revealing--

To be continued.