Chapter Five

Staring up at the night sky, you quietly asked the moonlight for an answer to the thoughts reverberating in your mind. The moon was wise and gave guidance to your people, even the elders spoke highly of her ability to show you the right path to take. And so, as you asked her again, the breeze picked up around you, a myriad of kaleidoscopic leaves twirling from the skeletal branches as they pirouetted in an array of colors around you. This, you decided, was her answer to your question.

You were to run. Like these leaves, you were to run free with the wind behind you. But you would not leave until you had at least tried to free Yuna and the other woman.

Turning towards the auburn haired captive, you caught a glimpse of her huddled against the tree, bare arms draped around her waist. She was not focused on you, that much was blatant as your feet traipsed towards her, now realizing she must have succumbed to her tiredness. Crouching, you reached your hand out, fingertips pressing against her shoulder gently as you shook her.

"Lia?"

She only grumbled in her sleep and tried to turn over, but you stayed firm and tried to wake her again.

As her lashes fluttered open now, she retreated from you, eyes wide as if she was frightened by your presence, until she finally made sense that it was you and not her captor. "Y/N?" She whispered, confusion etched on her features. "How did you-"

"He forgot to tie me back up." You answered with a small smile.

Lia, understanding and not pushing you to tell her why, nodded. "Are you going to run?"

You looked away, knowing what you wanted to do, but unsure if you were brave enough to actually try. No one was going to come for any of you, they'd made sure of that when they killed the men of your village, and even if they did, what match were they for these warriors? Right now you were the only chance any of these women had, untied and able to do the same for them if you weren't caught first.

You would be selfish to not at least try.

"No one is coming for us, Lia. This might be the only chance we have."

"You can't run from him."

"Then what? I stay here and let him do as he likes with me? I can untie you and you can come with m-"

"No." The auburn haired woman was quick to refuse, yanking her hands from yours when you reached to untie her restraints, but Lia wasn't looking at you anymore, instead she was staring over your shoulder, a fear in her eyes as she again repeated the word no.

You couldn't say anything before a hand clasped over your mouth and a pair of strong, fibrous arms draped around your waist and restrained you against a toned chest. Struggling, you felt the panic coursing through your veins like a violent and chaotic river, but this warrior easily overpowered you with rippling muscle underneath his armor.

"Make one sound and I'll snap your neck."

You could tell he was smirking, but you tried to put up a fight, prying at his fingers and attempting to elbow him in the stomach. It was useless, you knew you were no match for the strength of this warrior, but you continued like a choreographed dance between two strangers, fists being flung into his arms while he captured a fistful of your hair and threw you onto your side.

You screamed out as he started to drag you through the dirt, his other hand taking hold of the fabric of your dress to maneuver you easier.

"Keep screaming, pretty girl, you'll be doing much more than that when Taehyung finds out you were trying to run away."