chapter six

Bonfire romance

Kaleb's point of view

I had been sitting around figuring up some last minute bills when I heard the guys talking about the bonfire tonight, I knew that they were a little excited for it since there would be a few females there like always. I seen Matt walk into my office then asked me if I was going to the bonfire, I was against it at first but I decided to go with Pandora if she wanted to come with me.

I continued sitting around my office when I seen her walking in with a plate of food and sit it on the desk in front of me and was about to walk away when I grabbed her hand which made her look at me.

Kaleb: come here for a minute, I want to ask you something.

Pandora: okay, what is it?

Kaleb: the guys are going to the bonfire tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to join me?

Pandora: are you asking me out on a date?

Kaleb: yeah, I guess I am. I would love it if you went.

Pandora: is it kid friendly?

Kaleb: as much as I love them, I'm afraid there will be alcohol at the bonfire.

Pandora: I will have to put them to sleep first.

Kaleb: okay.

It was time for the bonfire to start, me and the guys had just finished gathering up firewood and noticed that it was dark enough to start the fire, everyone had started showing up except for one, I looked around for her but didn't see her. I was approached by several females that were looking to hook up with me but they could tell that I wasn't interested in dating them and was about to be approached by another female when I seen her, she hadn't put much effort into her makeup and wardrobe choice but she was still very beautiful.

I walked over to where she was standing while she looked for me in the crowd of people, I managed to sneak up behind her and wrapped my arms around hers before she had a chance to leave.

Kaleb: what's a beautiful woman like you doing here alone?

Pandora: I was looking for my boyfriend, have you seen him?

I watched as she turned around and looked up at me after I let her go.

Kaleb: what does he look like?

Pandora: well he's tall, muscular, has brown hair, beautiful brown eyes and adores kids and I believe he will answer to his name.

Kaleb: I will have to keep an eye for him and let you know if I find him.

Pandora: okay.

Kaleb: I was beginning to think that you weren't coming.

Pandora: Scarlett was fighting her sleep or I would have got here sooner, I hope I'm not late.

Kaleb: you're not, everyone else just got here before you showed up and I'm glad you're here now. I was getting hit on left and right by unknown females.

Pandora: seems like I arrived just in time, where are you sitting at?

Kaleb: I'm sitting on my truck but we can sit wherever you want.

Pandora: I don't mind sitting on your truck.

I walked with her to my truck and noticed that she was getting stares from every female we passed since they wanted to date me but I only wanted her, she had my heart and nobody was going to take that away from me.

I helped her sit down on the tailgate and climbed behind her and gently held her close to me. I wasn't sure if she would make friends with any of the females here but I hoped she would. I watched as she danced with Josh a few times but it was only because he was being friendly to her.

After she walked back over to where I was sitting, she sat in front of me again while her and Matt's girlfriend talked before she left with him.

Kaleb: are you having fun lovebug?

Pandora: it's okay, but it's not exactly my idea of a date.

Kaleb: I know the perfect place...

I watched as the few people who were on my truck found another place to sit down and I drove to a secluded spot that wasn't far from the house. It wasn't much but it had a romantic vibe to it.

We spent the rest of the night there while we watched the fireflies dancing in the dark.

Pandora: I forget how beautiful this place is sometimes, I definitely miss being here.

Kaleb: so don't leave, this is your home as well.

Pandora: I know that you want me to but I still have a job to do back in Vegas and Riley he...

Kaleb: Riley loves it here and I wouldn't want you to take that away from him.

Pandora: I know he does and I don't want to see him unhappy. He thinks of you as his dad, he asked me the other day when he was going to see his dad again.

Kaleb: he's a great kid...

Pandora: if Scarlett was talking she would probably call you dad to.

Kaleb: the first time I held her in my arms was the first time I held any newborn baby and it's a feeling that I never want to forget. I've always wanted children of my own and that night I first held her made me want to be here for you and raise your kids like they were my own.

Pandora: you're going to make a great father Kaleb.

I smiled when she said that and felt her rest her head against my shoulder before we cuddled together. I gently kissed her forehead and whispered something in her ear in my native language

Kaleb: tu eres mi corazón y alma

I seen her look over at me after I said that and felt her soft lips brush against mine and she responded back to what I just told her.

Pandora: you're my heart and soul too, I love you...

Kaleb: I love you too lovebug...