"Yeah, sort of," Karina answered absentmindedly. And then: "I got drunk texted."

"Oh my God," Chaewon laughed. "By who? Bet it's that guy- what's his name? Jaemin? Hasn't he liked you for years?"

"Really?" Karina gaped in surprise, but quickly regained her composure. "No, haha. I actually don't know who it is. It was a number from the AP Lit group chat, but they said their name was Mindungie, and there's nobody in our class called that."

Chaewon stopped and looked up at her in surprise. "You mean..."

"Yup," Karina answered. "I think it's a girl. They definitely sound like one. They texted me asking where I was, if I was with someone called 'Gi,' and saying they'd kill me if I didn't show up. Oh, and that they were smelling colors and they'd never drink again."

Chaewon burst into surprised laughter, drawing the attention of the boys, who they ignored. "Whoever this is has a real sense of humor. Either that or it's a pedo."

"Who knows," Karina shrugged.

And then her phone lit up.

mindungie

hey umm

mindungie

ik youre in my ap lit gc but idk if youre in the class

mindungie

i kinda skipped an assignment n was hoping u could help??

Karina giggled, and showed Chaewon the phone.

"Definite sense of humor," Chaewon answered with a laugh. "What're you gonna say?"

With a sigh, Karina tapped out a reply as the four kept walking.

rina

Lol no i'm in AP Lit dw

rina

Kind of busy rn but which assignment did you miss?

Karina stared at the phone for a moment more, both her and Chaewon watching as the texts rolled back in.

mindungie

the important one

mindungie

the one where we analyze the shakespeare

mindungie

and compare it to modern day stuff?

Karina knew exactly what assignment the other meant, and it was one she'd done very well on. However, before she started referring to the other, she needed to ask something first.

rina

Sure, I can definitely help you when I get home

rina

That's the assignment with Much Ado About Nothing, right?

rina

By the way, are you a boy or a girl?

The dots appeared for a few moments before the reply.

mindungie

yes 12th night i think

mindungie

and for the 2nd question

mindungie

i'm not telling youuu

A brief smile crossed Karina's face. Interestingly, this mysterious correspondent she'd barely talked to seemed like the total opposite of whenever she texted Heeseung: they were funny, maybe a little bit dumb (in a good way), and actually texted first for once.

Whoa whoa whoa, no comparing to your boyfriend, the voice in the back of her head whispered, and she heaved a reluctant sigh to herself as she kept walking.

Chaewon shot her a knowing look, and the two smiled as they entered the restaurant.