Chapter 8 - 4th day of recovery

En başından başla

She then walked back downstairs to start making the food to put inside the picnic basket for their lunch on the beach, while the red haired man was upstairs, getting dressed into a blue t-shirt and black trousers.

Just as he had finished doing the last button on his shirt, he walked downstairs and saw the love of his life standing in the door with everything they needed for their day our.

The lead firefighter walked towards the second lead firefighter, closing the gap between them as they both leaned fir a passionate kiss on the lips full of unconditional love.

Once they had parted their lips to inhale the oxygen through their noses, her hero next door helped her pack all the equipment into the back of the car.

When they had double checked that they have hot everything and that the car boot was secure, the female firefighter got into the passenger seat and her boyfriend sat in the drivers seat, both buckling their seatbelts for safety, before he turned his keys into the ignition and drove towards the Pontypandy beach.

When her hero next door had parked his car, they both got out and unloaded everything out of the vehicle as they walked to a nice spot on the beach, away from the tide or the cliffs.

Sam laid the blanket on the sand and Penny emptied everything in her arms on top of it, before they stripped their clothes off, revealling their bathing suits from underneath that were a lot more suitable and seasonal for this hot weather.

The red haired man was wearing white swimming briefs and his girlfriend was wearing a red bikini that made her petite and curvy body look gorgeous.

"So, let's see who can build the best, achoo sandcastle, unless your too scared!", the blonde woman teased her new significant other as he passed her a tissue to empty her nose.

"I ain't scared of anything, just look at all my bravery medals on the shelf!", her boyfriend spoke cockily about his daring achievements, "show off, cough!", she rolled her eyes on annoyance.

"What's that you said, miss Morris!", he wrapped his arms around his lovers waist and lifted her off the ground, causing her to kick her legs in the air, "put me down! Put me down! She protested and he did as she asked.

"Ok, the sandcastle race starts now!", the second lead firefighter commenced as they grabbed their buckets and spades to start creating a mind blowing sculpture out of sand.

An hour later, both firefighters had finished building their masterpieces and Sam won, since his castle was a lot taller and bigger than the love of his life's castle, which was creatively decorated with seashells from the shore.

"Look, sweetheart! I won! I won! I won!", he happily cheered around his winning sandcastle, "yeah, well I bet I can beat you in a game of volleyball, darling!", Penny folded her arms over her chest and gave him a determined look.

"Can I bury you in the sand as my reward?", he questioned in a cheeky tone, "what, and end up looking like a mermaid like our niece and nephew did to Station Officer Steele? No chance, love!", she quirked an eyebrow at him.

"Fine, and I bet I'll beat you at that as well, but can we eat first, all that building has made me hungry!", his cocky tone soon changed into starvation, "ok, achoo!", she surrendered, because she was feeling a bit hungry too.

They both sat next to each other and share a passionate kiss on the cheek, before they emptied the picnic basket and started eating the the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches the blonde woman had made, along with strawberries, pineapples, a galaxy chocolate bar and bottles of cold water.

"You've made a great lunch for a winner, dear!", the red haired man teased, "yeah, well you haven't one yet, cough, babe!", she started feeling her competitive side kicking in.