Brittany & Santana

She was glad Quinn got them this job, really. Being able to hear Mercedes sing at a smaller gig if she played her cards right was a certainly a plus too. But right now, with tons of middle aged men ogling at Brittany and her, begging for beer, Santana really questioned her life choices as to why she agreed to be a bartender at a concert venue.

Tonight some world famous rock band is going to play, though, admittedly, Santana has never heard of them before. Granted, she mainly listens to Doja Cat and Kehlani, Alanis Morrisette if she is feeling rock more, but still. Even she has heard of Queen and Journey. Though, now that she thinks about it, perhaps her knowledge of classic rock is heavily influenced by her high school glee club teacher. And everybody knows there are two things he cannot do: rap, and choose songs that diverge from Broadway classics or Journey.

Every now and then, someone her age stands at her bar. Hair dyed a bright blue or red or dark purple, reminiscent of Dani, her ex who loved to rock out. Dani could possibly be here, this seems like a concert she would enjoy. It would be awkward if she appeared at the bar however. They broke things off peacefully, but seeing her at her not so glamorous job with her current girlfriend... Yeah no, that is awkward.

Brittany bumps into her as she pours three beers. If her girlfriend was feeling frisky on a late night, she would bump into her or brush past her on purpose in manners which are close to being improper. More than once had they hidden away in the storage room in different stages of undress. Tonight is not one of those nights. Brittany is tired and getting sloppy. Her beers have too much foam and she had already spilled a handful of drinks.

As the clock nears 8 pm, the line starts to dwindle. Loud guitars play the intro of a song and the concert begins. Santana hands a customer who differs from the usual crowd, a bald, rotund man with ten helixes in each ear, his beer and is surprised to see no one follows after. The hallway is eerily empty now, a stark contrast to just 15 minutes ago when people had to rub past each other with a speed even a tortoise can beat. Brittany looks like she is about to pass out.

"Grab a coke and go sit down in the storage room. I'll clean up." Santana says. It is a command, rather than a suggestion.

Brittany nods feebly, looking utterly miserable with her droopy ponytail and dishevelled bangs. As she walks past her, Santana grabs her wrist, a quick glance around tells her the hallway is still empty, and presses a firm kiss to Brittany's cheek. They share a meaningful look which says go rest, let me know when you're ready. And you did great, I'm proud of you. And I love you.

With a wet towel, Santana wipes the bar clean. Brittany had unfortunately spilled a coke or two and sugar get really sticky if not cleaned properly. Quinn, who usually joins them behind the bar but is to guide guests to their seat tonight, since they were slightly short staffed, comes down from the seating area.

"Hey San, do you have some spare earplugs? I forgot mine at home and those guitars are loud. I already feel my ears buzzing and we're barely 10 minutes in."

The black uniform for behind the bar is much more flattering than Quinn's orange and grey attire she is wearing right now. Her radio goes off, but it's not meant for her, or Quinn chooses to ignore it. Either way, she does not respond. Santana pats herself down. She pulls a pair of plastic earplugs from her pocket and hands them over.

"I swear, the moment all those old men disappeared, the smell of sweat and dirty clothes vanished instantly." She pulls a face of pure disgust. "I'm not even wearing something sexy and I could feel them staring at me."

"They're old men. That's what they do." Quinn rolls her eyes. "Thanks by the way, if I'm not back soon Nadine is going to tell me off for leaving my post. I'll talk to you after my shift." With that the blonde disappears up the stairs again.