Emily & Sue

It had been a few weeks since Sue had last seen her best friend Emily. That night they had been able to work out their schedules so they could see each other and planned to spend it at Emily's apartment watching a series or just having dinner and chatting about everything that had happened those weeks without seeing each other.

To say that Sue was looking forward to seeing the brunette was to state the obvious. She always wanted to have an excuse to do so and at the moment all she wanted was to move the time forward until it was time to leave so she could wrap her arms around Emily after all those days. You could say it was odd that Sue missed her so much, it had only been a few weeks there was no need to be alarmed, but at the end of the day what no one knew was that Sue was head over heels in love with Emily. It was something that had always been the case, but Sue had never paid attention to that part of her that shouted her love for her best friend to the rooftops. At least until a few years ago.

She didn't know when she had fallen in love with Emily Dickinson, but for her it wasn't important, the only thing she wanted was to be by her side in any way she could and she certainly wasn't going to say anything to her because the last thing she wanted was to destroy the friendship they had for so many years. It was hard but for nothing in the world she wanted to lose her or make her uncomfortable, she preferred to do it that way even if it was like lying to herself, especially when Emily talked about her love life. It was painful but Sue always supported her in everything and it wouldn't be now when she would stop doing it.

Lost in her thoughts she realized that the hours had passed sooner than she expected and quickly went to change so as not to be late. She chose a simple outfit, a white shirt tucked into ripped, tight black jeans. She put on a pair of flat white sneakers and grabbed her car keys as she left her apartment. She pulled into the garage and took her car to drive for about 15 minutes to Emily's house, who luckily already lived alone.

At first she had moved in with her sister, Lavinia, but after a few months, the blonde moved out so she could live in an apartment by herself so she could have all the visitors she wanted without having to put up with Emily's constant whining. Their family had plenty of money so it wasn't something they couldn't afford so their parents consented as long as it brought peace to their family meals for once.

Arriving at the street where the brunette lived, she parked in the first spot she saw free (something rare since that street used to be full of parked cars constantly, so she was having some luck even if it was little). She made sure the car was locked properly before leaving to ring the doorbell and waited for Emily to open the door for her. As usual it took a few minutes (she was probably still changing because time was running out on her), that thought caused a chuckle to escape Sue's lips.

Finally the door in front of her opened, revealing an Emily in a sweatshirt and sweatpants with messy hair, but still a smirk on her face. Surely Sue couldn't be more in love with the brunette, even if she was a total mess half the time.

"Had you forgotten that tonight was movie night? I'm hurt, Dickinson," Sue said, holding a hand to her chest, clearly dramatizing.

"Of course I haven't forgotten Gilbert" Emily quickly replied, although she didn't look very convinced "I've just had a bit of a crazy day and time has gotten away from me. I'm sorry. Come in" she stepped aside so Sue could step inside the house.

Emily's house was spacious and had lots of decorations, mostly paintings of anything you could imagine. The colors of the furniture and walls were meticulously chosen so that each and every one of them had meaning in that house. And the truth is, none of it surprised Sue in the least. She knew her friend and knew that Emily Dickinson only wanted perfection in everything so it was no wonder her house had to be perfect too.