u never did that:(

i did that like everytime we hung out

right:)

right:)

Sneak in?

nope.

naw bad bf :(

i'm tired

valid
GNNN

yeah night.
00:18 a.m.

----

The first day you realised something was off in your dynamic was the first day after spring break. The first day of your last school year.

You were standing outside the gym and waiting for the volleyball team to come out. In Atsumu's Instagram story, you had seen an interesting picture; it was okay, really, how he became captain and Rintarou vice captain. Though that had been clear since the end of last year.

----

Captain, huh?" You greeted Rintarou with a small grin as the team just stepped out of the gym into the cool, April air. You reached out and cupped Rintarou's cheek to greet him properly with a kiss.

But before you could even get close enough to kiss him, Atsumu interrupted you. "Vice captain." He corrected Rintarou's status pointedly and with a frown on his face.

"Ma, Tsumu, don't ruin their moment." Osamu sort of scolded Atsumu and started to pull his twin along while Rintarou wrapped his arm around your waist. He watched the two twins disappear around the corner and then finally leaned in for a kiss.

"So you heard, huh?" he asked with a chuckle, placing a kiss on the tip of your nose. "Well, not exactly heard. Just check out Atsumu's Instagram story, and you'll see." You answered with an amused smile and pulled away. Only to reach for his hand and pull him along with you as you started walking towards the school gates.

"Of course he would." Rintarou scoffed as he let you pull him along. His gaze focused on his phone, scrolling until he found the story. He frowned slightly at the picture until he decided it could be worse and just shrugged. Then he pushed his phone into his back pockets and caught up to you.

He snuggly, wrapped his arm around your shoulder, and pulled you closer to his side. You gave him a small smile and took his free hand into yours.

"What're the plans for tonight?" he asked. Having a feeling you planned something for the night of, as you called it, 'The last, first day of high school.' Which was accurate, of course, but totally unnecessary.

You just shrugged at his question. "Nothin', why?" You turned your head, and Rintarou raised an eyebrow.

"Really?"

"Really." you nodded and started to play with his fingers as you took the path to warss home. Rintarou's gaze focused on your side profile, with a faint frown on his face, before he leaned in to brush a kiss on your temple.

----

The second time you realised something was different between you two was shortly after you came out of your teacher's office.

You had, like every other third-year student, to think about what would come after high school. And to be frank, you had no clue what you wanted. You originally planned to go to university and study something. You weren't sure what yet, either. But as of late, you weren't sure if that's what you wanted.