17. damn. pictures, skies, feelings?

[word count: 1928] whattt?? I'm updating innert a week or smth and not inner a month+. That is crazy. I needes to share that. I dunno who made the art but creds to them. OH. AND THANKS FOR 10K !!! anyways. Enjoy.

---

Vacations went by quickly. You spent a lot of time with Rintarou, as usual. But it had been a bit awkward, and you knew exactly why.

"You're quiet," Atsumu said as he slid into the seat next to yours. You were sitting in the cafeteria, waiting for your friends to arrive for lunch. You looked up from your food and let out a chuckle. "Sorry for not talking to myself," you joked with an overdramatic eyeroll. But Atsumu didn't react to your jibe. He just frowned, which was odd. Usually, he would've laughed along, even though the joke was bad. "I mean in general," he stated and leaned extremely close, nose almost touching yours. You leaned back and pushed him away. Atsumu raised an eyebrow, a curious, almost concerned look on his face, which confused you. Why was he being so concerned? "Plus, Suna and you've been..." he paused, seeming like he didn't exactly know how to describe whatever was going on between you, Rintarou, and you. "Weird?" He finally said, though he didn't look exactly satisfied with that description. "Did something happen between you two?" He then asked with the usual eagerness and curiosity for drama. He really was interested in people's business.

You shrugged. "Nah." You waved off his question like it was some bothering fly. Atsumu's frown deepened, and he clicked his tongue. "Yeah right," he grumbled and rolled his eyes. "If you ain't gonna tell me, then I'll ask Rin."

"Ask me what?" Rintarou's voice came from right behind you, looking down at you two. Atsumu and you jumped and snapped around in surprise. "Jesus, don't sneak up on us," you slapped his thigh, not strong enough to actually hurt him. Rintarou didn't even flinch, of course. Though you could see the faintest hint of an amused smile tug at his lips.

Rintarou was still standing, relaxed and unbothered as ever, hands shoved into the pockets of his uniform pants, tie a little bit loose.

Atsumu regained his composure first and grinned, leaning back in his chair. "Just wondering what's going on between you two. Been acting strange lately."

You exchanged a quick glance with Rintarou, who shrugged nonchalantly. "Nothing's going on. Just the usual."

"Aha? And what is the usual?" Atsumu asked and raised an eyebrow, leaning closer to Rintarou to get a better look at his face, trying to see if there was any change in his expression. As he didn't see anything, he leaned closer to you, who was boredly scrolling through your phone.

"You guys are boring," Atsumu whined.

Atsumu's playful teasing only added to the amusement in the air. Rintarou chuckled, giving Atsumu a light pat on the shoulder. "How friends are is our 'usual.'"

Atsumu leaned back, still looking suspicious, but he pretended (very badly) not to be. "Alright, if you say so. But if there's any juicy gossip, you know where to find me."

---

School was over quickly, and you slowly walked next to Rintarou, one hand on the strap of your bag, the other hand swinging next to your hip. "You think he'll ever stop being nosy about our friendship?" you wondered, glancing at Rintarou from the side.

Rintarou laughed, shaking his head. "Doubt it. That's just Atsumu being Atsumu."

"Atsumu being Atsumu?" You laughed, nudging him gently with your elbow. "Well, maybe he's right." You teased and nudged him again, reaching out to poke his cheek gently. "C'mon, admit it. You're deeply in love with me." You grinned. Rintarou just huffed and rolled his eyes.