thirteen

"you did what!?"

kurt's ears rang. the sign of gossip, or had it been bad luck? he had lost the meaning ages ago.

"I didn't do it. it just broke. it feel completely apart. I don't know what happened, man."

his voice cut short, he spit up phlegm. the amber'd boy could only sit and stare.

that had been their niche, hadn't it?

"well, why the hell didn't you take it to the post office like I told you to? all of this could've been avoided if you'd just listened to me."

it had though. it had been their niche, now ruined by him and his hard throws.

kurt did not enjoy that look. that look of disdain. it hurt like a log truck collision at ninety miles.

"I just wanted to read it one last time, okay? is that so hard to understand?"

he always knew he had been strong physically, maybe he just should've shown some restraint.

but it was hard giving the book up. he raged at the idea.

"... just give me the book. I'll take care of it."

kurt kept a fist ready for swinging motions. taking care of something always meant one of two things.

kurt was not an easy boy to persuade.

he shook his head. his knees shook. his feet bounced. smiles dropped and he thought his sturdy disposition cracked.

kurt was not an easy boy to fool.

"where are you taking it?"

the amber'd boy looked like he had sadness for breakfast.

he didn't like how his smile curled southward.

"somewhere."