CHAPTER 7: THE NETHERBANE

Psydon's Perspective

As Autumn and I engaged in a brief conversation, the ominous figures serving the Virgil of Hades arrived. Despite spending several days in this realm, the fear still clung to me every time I saw them. Sensing Autumn's grip on me, I gently turned her away, providing her with a semblance of protection.

"The Virgil has summoned you. Come with us," a voice, laced with an eerie tone, commanded. Nodding, I took Autumn's hand, reassuring her silently, and followed the mysterious entities. I felt Autumn slightly hesitant, so I whispered, "I know them." With a simple smile, I conveyed a sense of assurance, holding her hand as we approached the portal.

As we stepped into the Hades portal, chaos ensued. All the supernatural beings seemed to be in disarray, as if panicking. The once-ordered realm now appeared turbulent and confused.

"Pay them no mind; follow me," the singular entity from before instructed, leading us through the tumult. Amidst the chaos, Chris, a familiar face from the mortal world, called out to us.

"PSYDON!!" he panted, rushing towards us. However, instead of addressing me directly, he cheerfully greeted Autumn. Irritated, I pulled Autumn closer, giving Chris a stern look. "Oh Hi, miss!" Chris greeted, oblivious to my displeasure. Ignoring my cold gaze, he soon corrected himself, "Ah, okay, bro, sorry. Come with me," he added, dragging me away from Autumn. Annoyed, I followed, leaving Autumn behind.

Chris's Perspective

Confusion and curiosity had been swirling in my mind since the inexplicable events began unfolding. I had been pondering the surreal occurrences, unable to fathom the sudden upheaval in Hades.

"What's happening, Chris? You've been wandering around aimlessly. What's really going on? Why is everything in chaos? Why did the judge summon us?" Psydon's escalating frustration jolted me back to reality.

"The Netherbane," I murmured almost to myself, my thoughts racing. Psydon looked at me quizzically, urging me to explain. "Netherbane?" he questioned, intrigued. I nodded, then proceeded to reveal the tale of this enigmatic entity.

"He's a being here in Hades, much like us, who started by ferrying souls. Just like us, he frequented the human world. One day, he encountered a mortal woman and fell in love. Relentlessly pursuing her, he broke a fundamental law of Hades – bringing mortals here. For his transgressions, he was punished. The woman was sent back to the mortal realm, and he was imprisoned in the deepest, most dangerous part of Hades. Yet, he managed to escape. From then on, driven by the desire to be reunited with the woman he loved, he began capturing mortals, hoping to find and be with her again. And now, Psydon, both of you are his victims," I explained. As the weight of my words sank in, a realization dawned on both Psydon and me. They were not merely caught in chaos; their lives were entangled in the perilous pursuit of The Netherbane.

"The Netherbane? But why us?" he queried, confusion etched on his face. I glanced at them, realizing the gravity of their situation. They held a significant chance of survival and a return to their world if The Netherbane was dealt with. Now, they faced the daunting task of navigating through this chaotic Hades, attempting to confront the entity that threatened not only their existence but the balance of both realms. Their destiny hung in the balance as the threads of their intertwined fate led them toward revelations that transcended the boundaries of the living and the dead.

Autumn's Perspective

Fear gripped me as we traversed through the bewildering chaos of Hades. Psydon, sensing my restlessness, tightened his grip on my hand and turned to reassure me.

"Autumn, don't worry. We'll get out of here, and everything will be okay.," he comforted me. I nodded, absorbing the warmth of his embrace as he kissed my forehead.

The ominous journey continued, and as we moved deeper into Hades, I couldn't shake off the unsettling feeling that the challenges ahead were not only mysterious but also perilous.

Little did I know that our encounters with these unknown entities, the chaotic realm, and The Netherbane were only the beginning of a journey that would unravel the mysteries of Hades and, more importantly, our own intertwined destinies.

As the path unfolded before us, Psydon and I faced the unknown with determination, bound by love and destiny, and the unspoken promise that no matter what lay ahead, we would confront it together. The echoes of Hades whispered of challenges yet to come, and the shadows of uncertainty loomed large.