20.- Flower of two worlds

"Throughout the years, I've learned that life doesn't become easier or more forgiving. Every scar in my life has shaped me into who I am. Does it hurt to think about my past? I won't deny it. Do I regret it? Not at all. This is me, and this is how I hoped to be accepted at U.A."

Once Sakura entered the spacious hall, thousands of eyes were fixed on her. She did the same, revealing no emotion. Even though they were young people of her age, she couldn't let her guard down. This is not over.

The students of Class 1-A stood still, watching Sakura walk with a big smile on her face, even as people around her began to whisper. For them, it was almost as surprising to see her interact with influential people. Those present here lacked the subtlety to be discreet.

"I heard that the most promising proposals for her to live with are from China, the United States, and Russia," said a person near where Class 1-A was located. "Their offers are the best I've heard; I envy them."

"The best? From what I heard, she wouldn't have to lift a finger her whole life if she wanted to!" replied another.

"Do you think we have a chance? The president promised us a great reward if we manage to attract her to our side."

The students made a face. This was no better than being in the adult group. Only people waiting for their moment to take a bite out of their prey, seemingly navigating the room without knowing what was happening. Although deep down, given what they have learned today, maybe it's just another facet. When will she be able to be herself?

"Todoroki-kun?" Ochako asked once she saw him start moving without the group.

Todoroki, who was already a few steps away from his friends, turned around to look at them.

"What? Aren't you coming?" Todoroki asked, putting his hands in his pant pockets. "We came to see Sakura, who cares if others have different motives for approaching her. Sakura is our friend. We came all the way here for her."

The eyes of several lit up as they realized Todoroki was right. They were so surprised that Sakura was being treated as an object to be coveted and intimidated by her false friendliness that they lost sight of the reason they are here.

"Although we've only known her for a few months, Sakura is our friend," said Tokoyami.

With their spirits recharged, they began to walk towards Sakura. The voices of people now sounded like buzzing bees directed at them.

"It's them."

"It's the kids from Japan."

"We were only allowed to bring three people, and their prime minister brought the entire hall."

"I heard they bribed several people to be able to bring them all."

Some of the rumors were true, while others were absurd. However, the kids didn't let this affect them and continued advancing toward Sakura until a young woman stood in their way.

"So, you're Sakura Haruno's former classmates," observed the tall, slim, red-haired woman, looking disdainfully at the Japanese kids before snorting sarcastically. "You don't seem as impressive as they say. Is U.A. really as great as they boast?"

"Hey! How dare you mock U.A.? It's the best school of all! You may have impressive curves, but with that attitude, you lose points," protested Mineta, pointing at her angrily.

The girl snorted haughtily. Her companions, who apparently accompanied her, were a few steps away and laughed at the U.A. students.

"Do you really want Sakura Haruno to stay with you? It doesn't seem like it. If it were me, I wouldn't allow her to get close to the others."