𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 12

Papers flew around, his subordinates bumping heads as they scrambled for the file, frantically searching for it. The office turned upside down in a panic at the shocking revelation. Papers littered the floors, and soldiers tripped on their feet, slipping from scattered files.

The group observed as the marines scurried with their tails between their legs, running like scared mice. Rue sighed, after all that it still wasn't enough. The truth about her identity wasn't enough; the captain ordered them to find her record somewhere in the file, though no one in the room doubted it due to the authenticity of her ID. Yet, of course, the captain ordered a grand search of a record book that recorded every marine known, whether active in this day and age, to confirm it. She guessed his big ego couldn't handle the fact that a delicate flower was above a big, strong man like him.

Typical.

Finally, one of his subordinates found it, and then Alex snatched it and hurriedly searched for a photograph of the woman. His eyes skimmed every inch, nook and cranny of the pictures displayed of every marine. Hoping, praying that it was nothing more than a lie, a farce to throw him off guard. After a few minutes, he smirked, shutting the book with a hand, his eyes back on the woman who waited patiently.

"You're not in here."

Taking the book from his clutches, the pages churned as Rue flipped through it before stopping at a particular page. She turned the book to him for a better view as she pointed to a photo. Alex squinted his vision, his eyes falling on the location where her finger pointed as his subordinate peeked behind him. The photograph was hazy, with colours mixed, creating numerous lines and patterns. They all squinted, trying to make out something of the woman's features. Though they could pinpoint silver hair and bright hues of blue, it was still difficult to even make out any distinct features.

Alex narrowed his eyes in suspension, shifting his gaze to Rue, "How do we know that's you."

Rue shut the book with a hand, saying, "Tell me where they are."

One of his subordinates stepped forward nervously, "Y-yes, they're-"

"Don't give her anything."

Many eyes widened at his declaration as if their captain grew another head. Zoro narrowed his eyes at the smirking captain.

"B-but sir-"

"You really think I would believe that this," Alex pointed the finger at Rue, as he scoffed in mockery, "is the Sengoku's assistant. There's no way!"

Sengoku, the Buddha, was a powerful man during his generation and still is. A man held with high regard and was respected amongst marines. This man was held in high regard by legendary pirates such as Whitebeard and the man who started the pirate era, Gold Rogers.

A man of the rank of a fleet admiral, who, however, stepped down for unknown reasons, but soon took back his position. No one knew why, but it was said he took a long vacation that lasted a year.

There was no way, no way, no way. Absolutely no way! That this woman was serving under that man. If it were true, that means...

"Sir, you saw the picture and her ID!" One marine pointed out, "There's no way its-"

"Who cares who she is!" Alex gritted his teeth; he turned back to Rue.  He still had the advantage; she couldn't go anywhere without the children."I still have have the kids, so you-"

"I what, captain," Rue shut her eyes momentarily before opening them again, gazing at the captain with exhaustion at the man's antics. "What exactly do you want from me?"

Zoro raised a brow at her words, thinking the reason they had ended up here might have been a bit obvious. Nonetheless, precious time was wasted on this idiot.