𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 10

"Claudette, he isn't a good man!" Laurette shouted at her, "Don't you see how he treats you! The way he treats us?!"

"He just doesn't see me yet!" Claudette yelled back, "This plan will work! He will get tired of her and realize I am the better choice!"

Paulette switched her eyes between her sisters, a worried gaze on them. She fidgeted under their glares, though it wasn't directed at her. She quickly occupied herself with the wet glasses in her sight.

They sat at the back of the late-night bar, attendees of their savoring beers still the same as ever. The boisterous laughter of gentlemen filled the air. Their glasses clanged as they made a toast. The girls took their time with their task of drying and washing the used beer glasses.

Ever since their encounter at the restaurant, they have been going at it for a while. What started as a small discussion soon turned into a screaming match. Though they were far from them, some consumers gave them a few glances while Paulette responded with a sheepish smile at the noise.

"Are you serious?! This is going too far!" Laurette huffed, soothing her temple, "To use those poor kids in this plot?! Do you think their parents will stand by and do nothing?!"

Claudette scoffed, flipping her hair, "It's not like their kids are in any real danger. We are just taking them for a little while." She wiped the drips of water from the glass as her air became smug, "Think of it as borrowing the little brats."

The eldest peered an eye as Laurette scoffed at her words while murmuring, "Borrow my foot." She whistled a tune as she wiped away the extra liquids on the glass. Everything was coming together like she wanted, and there was nothing anyone could do about it.

Not like they could anyway, Claudette told herself with a smirk. On this island, the marine captain was the highest authority. Whoever crossed him immediately would have their livelihood turned into misery.

Even if they were to get caught, what could be done when she had the marine captain backing her up?

Absolutely nothing.

Plus, it wasn't anything horrid. They would take the kids and hide them somewhere for a few hours. Giving Alex enough time to run around town and act concerned for the children's safety. Then, his team will find them in a designated location, and he gets to play hero for the day to impress the foreign woman.

Then, he is praised by the silvered-haired woman, and he can toy with her until the boredom simmers in, and she willows in her sorrows from being dropped like a hot tomato. Claudette sighed, unable to understand the problem with the plan in mind.

Laurette shook her head at it all. She couldn't believe her ears. After all that had happened, she realized that maybe Alex wasn't as great as she thought.  Though handsome and had the highest position on the island, she was certain he wouldn't make a great partner. The way he disregarded his sisters, the way he spoke about women like they were objects and not people, was disgusting.

Now, with clear lenses, she saw him for who he really was.

Alex was a certified jerk if she had to say this in the nicest way possible.

Wiping beer glasses with her apron, Laurette carefully dried the drips of water on them as she thought about the man. She frowned at today's events. Despite the captain seeming "in love" with the foreign woman, he doesn't treat her any better. Manipulating her into dating him when she clearly wasn't interested in the first place, accepting his demands was beyond her, yet she also understood why the silvered-haired woman went along with it since she had no choice.