𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 9

Flames crackled as they rose in the atmosphere. The heat and its glow left warmth.

A whimper left her lips at the whip cracked on her flesh, soiling her back in scars. Many fresh and opened wounds, others were old reminders of her numerous disobedience towards her captor.

He dipped it in the flames, the heat absorbed through the metal as it seethed at the brush of it.

The walls are decorated in luxurious royal blue, decked with patterns of gold. Cherry blossoms surrounded the walls, their plum form serene and lively, bringing forth its elegance.

The victim bit her lips to prevent a scream from escaping at the force of the hot whip. Her back burned like a hot iron sizzling skin. Her lips were adored with a tint of red, slit and drew out blood. The chains on her wrist spiked in her sweat, its metal rubbing against her gritted skin while sweat dripped from her brow.

Through the streams of her tears, her hazy gaze lifted to the culprit that towered her form. His expression was in disappointment as he gripped the weapon.

Not even the warmth of the flames could melt the coldness of his gaze.

"Why do you keep disobeying me," his tone was calm, yet his gaze was as red as the fire reflected in them. As hot and ready to burn her at any moment if she dared make a mistake.

His words weren't a question, but a simple statement that made her shiver.

As she attempted to look away, she winced as he harshly gripped her face, his nails digging into her cheeks, creating prints of the tip of his nail.

As if he tried to engrave, mark himself into her being.

"You made me do this," he whispered, his gaze slightly softening but soon hardened once again. His voice raised every second, "Why do you want to leave?! Haven't I given you everything?!"

Her pupils shook at the amount of fury in his eyes.

"How dare you?!" She winced as he tightly gripped her hair, her gaze on those boiling eyes of rage. "How could you think of leaving me?!"

A flow of tears left her eyes at the emotion that poured before her. Her heart almost stopped as he took out a blade from one of the guards that he ordered to enter the room chamber. He placed the blade right near her eye, stocked as if he was prepared to stab her with it.

Instead, he soon stabbed the dirtied carpet near her legs.

"Should I cut off your legs," He told her, tone once again calm yet could freeze a river. "Would that stop you from leaving me?"

There was a long pause, the air thickening around her. She knew he was serious; she knew he would do it, and he wouldn't hesitate to do so.

Her heart sank further as he began to chuckle, then turned into full-blown laughter as if he was tickled.

He whipped a tear, still chuckling. He gently took a piece of her curls, wrapping it around his finger. "Don't worry, I wouldn't do that to you, my Love."

Her pupils shook the flames, matching the heat in his eyes.

"You can't leave me," He kissed her curls, lifting his gaze to meet her shaking form. "I only have you; we only have each other."

Her breath got shaky as she wanted to look away at the emptiness in his eyes.

"There's nothing out there; you only need me by your side."