I'm Yours

The bard started up again, playing a lively and bouncing tune. The dog beside him crossed her paws and rested her head on them, her tail thumping happily. Women and men stood up, grabbing each other's hands, dancing.

Will smiled as he continued to sing the song. It was his favorite; the one he shared with Alyss the first time he heard it.

He stung the Mandola, really getting into the song. He plucked at the strings, his fingers moving as naturally as if he had been doing this from birth.

Alyss swung him around, laughing happily. Will joined in the laughter and dipped her in a quick and jolly way. They had learned the dance from Baron Arald, when he would practice in his ballroom. Will and Alyss always loved to spy on him and eventually decided to mimic him and learn the dance. Now, the dance was a joke between them.

Alyss had a rough day at work that day, but when she came to the cozy cabin, she knew it would all be fine. Will welcomed her in, holding a bouquet of flowers. Then he promptly asked her to dance.

Without waiting for an answer, Will pulled her closer and began the dance. While they danced, Will sang the song–the song that was played at their wedding.

Will finished the song, strumming the final chords. The people in the small tavern bursted out in applause. The noise of it rang happily in Will's ear. He smiled and viewed, really imagining it was Alyss he was bowing to.