Why Is Everyone So Annoying?

Just wanna give a little disclaimer: I did not think of this idea on my own. I saw it in a meme originally.

The trek was really boring for Will. They had been riding for hours already, and barely anyone talked.

With him was Halt, Horace, Gilan, Alyss, Crowley, though Will didn't really know why Crowley was there. They were going to Penark, a kingdom up north, to discuss a new treaty. Lately, there had been tension between Araluen and Penark, and King Duncan wanted to propose a new treaty. Not only to make peace, but to gain an ally in case of war. It was really all just clever timing if you thought about it.

But, besides all that, they were still a couple days away from Penark, even from the nearest town, and all Will could think about was how sore he was from riding. Which was weird. He usually didn't get sore from riding because he did it so often.

He sighed. Perhaps too loudly though because Halt immediately said, "what happened to Rangers having patience?"

Will rolled his eyes. "I have patience, thank you very much. I just don't like the silence."

"Who would've thought?" Horace chirped in, "a ranger who doesn't like silence. And even more so, someone who grew up with Halt!"

"Maybe that's why he doesn't like the silence. Because he lives with Halt," Gilan said, " I can sympathize with Will. I don't like the silence either."

"Yes, but at least you don't sigh so loud about it that you're attracting bandits a mile away from us," Halt said dryly.

"I'm not that loud!" Will cried, then closed his eyes as he just realized how loud he cried that.

He huffed and urged Tug a little faster, trying to trot away from them. For a good half an hour, whenever they tried to talk to Will, he ignored them. So much, that at one point Halt cried out, "Will, will you give it a rest?"

From the back of the group, Horace snorted a laugh. Halt turned to him, fixing a gaze on him like an eagle. "What's so funny, now?"

"No, it's just that...if you think about it, Will's name can go in any question."

When the group gave Horace a collective stare of confusement, he continued, "like how you said the word 'will' right before the name 'Will'."

Gilan, catching on, smiled. "Yeah, and with Halt's."

Horace and Gilan exchanged a grin. One that Halt knew was bound to annoy him.

"Will, will you give it a rest?" Horace laughed.

"Oh, Halt," Will said, catching on, "can't you halt this behavior? It's driving me nuts!"

Gilan chortled. "You guys are going to get horace from all this yelling at each other."

Halt facepalmed.

Crowley burst out laughing. "Well if you get horace, from the yelling, alyss we won't need to hear you guys argue anymore!"

The laughter stopped momentarily as everyone grasped what Crowley meant. Then they all proceeded to laugh uncontrollably.

Halt rolled his eyes and muttered a few words. Lady Pauline was closest and happened to pick up some words: "act like boys... headache... another whole week with them..."

Lady Pauline laughed quietly.