Sunset Tales

Horace's feet dangled over the edge of the hill, swinging back and forth. Cassandra was beside him, her head resting on his shoulder. A gorgeous sunset bursting in colors of pink, yellow, and orange. He held her hand, rubbing his thumb over her hand.

"This is ours, Cassie. All of it." Horace said, nodding at the kingdom that lay before them. "It never ceases to take my breath away."

Cassandra smiled. Her eyes lit up, a brilliant mix of gold, hazel, and brown. "Well, I always had it. You just joined in."

He grinned back. "Yeah..."

She laughed. "Remember when we were younger? Right before Skandia?"

He looked at her, a dark look crossing his face, but only. For a brief moment at the mention of the place. "The conversation?"

She nodded. "We were terrified, not knowing what we were doing. But you gave me hope. You said 'we're going to make it through. Because we're stronger and more better than that.'"

Horace smiled, reminiscing. "Why are you bringing that up, Cass?"

She lifted her head and looked in his eyes. "Without that hope, we wouldn't be here right now. That hoe kept me going, much longer than you thought. I remembered it Every time I struggled with anything. And without those words, we probably wouldn't be looking at this kingdom like this right now."

Horace hugged her. He whispered in her ear, "and we will always be stronger. I'm proof of Cassie. We'll always make it through. Together."

Cassandra wiped a tear. "Thank you, Horace."

He grinned. "So, what you're basically saying is, that I'm fantastic and awesome?"

She laughed loudly and slapped his arm. "Don't get big headed."

"Never. I'm stronger than that."

"We both are."

And with that, they rested each other's head on each other and watched the rest of the sunset.

Now, before you panic that you read the books wrong, yes, I did in fact make up that conversation. Don't worry.