Twelve

STILES

I entered the school and looked around before entering Landon and Rafael's room. I dropped the duffel bag and went to Raf's stuff grabbing some of his clothes for when I turn him back. I pulled a map of the town and laid it on the floor as I sat down. I flicked out a claw and drew blood from my fingertip watching as it dropped onto the map. 

"What are you doing in my room?" A boy asked. I looked over to see Landon. "Uh...look, I know that this looks bad..." I started. "No. It looks like magic." He interrupted. He looked at me before running off. I sped in front of him, freezing him. "Can't let you do that." I said. 

"How...did you do that?" He asked. "I'm starting to think you're not some ordinary guy." He told me. "Look, my name is Stiles, okay? I-I'm a witch. I'm working with Dr. Saltzman. He asked me to do a locator spell to find Rafael." I explained.

"Why wouldn't he ask one of his own daughters?" Landon asked. "Because they don't know about the Crescent Wolf Clan. Not like I do." I said. "Hope Mikaelson does." Landon pointed out. 

"Wol--I-I've read about that. Does that mean you can turn Raf back?" He asked. "There is a monster in the woods, and it feeds on werewolves." I told him. "Ooh. Then I'm coming with you." He told me. "Sorry, but I fly solo." I answered. "He's my best friend." He stated. "You do realize I can freeze you again, right?" I asked. "Would that spell last forever?" He asked. My eyes narrowed stepping forward. "I could always snap your neck...Phoenix." I said. 

"How...How do you know I'm a Phoenix?" He asked. "I can quite literally smell the burning ash coming from you." I answered. "Well, even if you did. I'd come back to life, and I'd still show up." He said. "God, you're stubborn. If you get hurt...don't come running to me for help. Because I warned you already." I said opening the door to his room and staring at him. 

"What?" He asked. "Let's go, Mophead. I don't have all day." I told him. "Oh!" He exclaimed leaving the bedroom as I shook my head with a roll of my eyes closing the door behind me.

WOODS

We walked into the woods as I looked at the map. "According to this, he should be up ahead." I said. "Cool." He said. "Meaning not cool." I pointed out. 'Sorry. It's just...nothing." He stated. "Meaning something." I said looking back at him. 

"It's stupid, but when Raf was first stuck as a wolf, he used to always hang out with me, but then he, like, he stopped. Like, he forgot, or he moved on." He explained. "And you're worried that it's gonna be the same when he's human again?" I asked with a smile. 

"Told you it was stupid." He told me. "I don't think it's stupid. It's painful to lose someone that you love." I voiced. "Yeah." Landon said quietly. "Oh, I know all about that. I grew up in the foster system. Getting bounced around from family to family made me want to shut everybody out until I realized life's a lot harder without someone watching your back." He explained. 

"Trust me, Landon, you don't have to worry about anyone forgetting you." I told him. "Help! Help! Somebody, help!" A man cried out. Landon ran off. "Landon, wait, stay back. You don't know what's out there!" I called out running after him. 

I rounded a tree and found a giant monster with huge teeth. "I have an educated guess." He told me. "I said stay back." I told him shoving him away. I created a ball of fire in my hand threw it at the beast. "Is there a plan "B"?" Landon asked. "Please tell me there's a plan "B."" He added.

"Turn around." I told him. "Why?" He questioned. "Because plan "B" involves me getting naked." I answered spinning my fingers around. "What?!" He exclaimed confused. I peeled my shirt off. "I have to draw it away from you." I told him. "Why does that require nudity?" He inquired. 

"Because this monster feeds on werewolves." I stated dropping my pants and underwear. "But you're a witch." He pointed out. "A lying witch. A lying, very naked witch." He added as my clothes dropped by his feet. 

"Look, I'm more than that, and I wish I could stay and tell you all about it, but I can't. So, when I draw this thing away from you, I need you to go find Dr. Saltzman and Raf." I ordered walking away. "Why would it chase after you..." He started as I shifted into the giant russet brown wolf letting out a growl. 

I positioned myself in front of Landon standing at my full height as I snarled at the Shunka. The Shunka bared its fangs at me. "Because you're a were-witch. Holy smokes." Landon said. The Shunka snapped at me, and I ran. 

But I noticed that the beast didn't follow. I skidded on my feet and spun around before barking loudly catching its attention. The Shunka looked over at me as I jumped into the air and pounced atop of it, biting into its shoulder as it let out a howl. It dug its fangs into my arm, grabbing me before it threw me away into a tree. I let out a whine of pain as I smashed into the tree.

A couple of seconds later, I felt it tear into my side and I let out a loud echoing yelp of pain. I opened my eyes to find the Shunka was gone...and so was Landon. I struggled to get to my feet before falling to the ground immediately. I shifted back into a human and found the bite wound on my right side of my torso with blood pooling out. 

I clutched my side as I limped to the duffel bag and grabbed a shirt. I slipped it on painfully before looking around running a hand through my hair as I hissed in pain, clutching my side again. "LANDON!" I yelled.

LUCIFER

I stepped in as QB during Niklaus' temporary absence. We were one touchdown away from tying the game. My team lined up as I got ready. "Blue 48! Hut!" I shouted as Maya tossed me the ball. I caught it and stepped back waiting for a man to get open. 

A man blitzed me, but I ducked and spun away as he flew over me. I searched the field seeing Maya downfield almost clear. Come on, get clear! Get clear! She finally got open and looked back at me. I pulled my arm back to throw the ball across the field when my hearing picked up on something in latin. 

"Tenebris lapsus." I heard a girl say as I went to throw the ball to Maya before a loud snap happened in my arm. I let out a scream of pain as I fell to the grass holding my arm. I looked at my arm groaning to see my forearm was bent in awkward position. 

I writhed on the ground before Principal Saltzman and the sheriff slid down beside me along with Maya and Ethan. "Luci, Luci, come here, it's okay, just breathe, sweetheart, just...Hey." Sheriff told me as I cried out. "Get a medic!" Principal Saltzman shouted.

STILES

I was wandering the woods when my sense of hearing caught wind of a scream coming from the football game. "Get a medic!!" I heard Alaric scream. "Oh God!" I whispered before running off after the game. I slowed to a stop crying out as I leaned against a tree. 

"DAMN IT!!" I screamed pressing my hand to the bite wound that hadn't even begun to heal yet. I pulled my hand away to see it covered in blood. "Son of a bitch." I muttered. "I gotta Raf." I said before hearing a growl. I looked to my left and found a black wolf. "Or...he can find me. That works." I said to myself. 

"Raf! Hey...I know you might not remember me...but uh.... I need your help...with something. Landon is in trouble...I came here to turn you back into a human because there's a monster out here that eats werewolves...like you." I told him as he walked over to me. 

"Look...Raf. I would never let anything happen to either of you." I whispered before my eyes glowed bright violet. He sat in front of me and slightly nodded his head. A smile worked its way onto my face. "Nice. Let's go get your mop-headed friend back, shall we?" I breathed standing up and shifting into a wolf and ran into the dark woods.