Part 7: so much regret.

RENNIE'S POV

Rennie woke up at 10 in the morning,
Immediately realising the arms wrapped tightly around her waist.

A small gasp escaped her mouth, which she assumed woke James up, because he shifted slightly backwards, telling Rennie that he was awake.

"Morning, Renn." James whispered, nuzzling into her mess of hair.

Rennie was so, incredibly confused. She didn't have the memory of dragging him into the spare bedroom, and forcing him to hold her like he was.

"I'm so... James I'm so sorry." She stuttered, assuming that he didn't want to be that close to her, to hold her as tightly as he was.

"Huh?" James questioned. Still half asleep and thoroughly enjoying the feeling of Rennie in his arms.

Rennie sigh.
"Never-mind."

They both drifted off to sleep once again. Finding comfort in each other's embrace.

~time skip~

It was now around midday. They where back on the sofa, where Rennie had previously fallen asleep the day before.

And just like the night before, Rennie was sat in his arms, to close to be platonic. But not close enough to be sexual.

"What time will you be off?"
"Your house is only a ten minute walk, so you can leave whenever." Rennie said, breaking an awkward silence they where experiencing, being that close together.

"Ohh shit, I'm meeting the boys in half an hour." James groaned, reluctant to leave his place next to Rennie.

Eventually he was forced to leave, against his preference.

"Can I have your phone number?" James asked, slightly scared it would sound too much like he was asking her out, though that's what he's wanted to do since they met.

"Absolutely!"

After their numbers had been exchanged, Rennie leaned in for a goodbye hug. Completely friendly and platonic, of course...

James was taken aback, but eventually slid his arms around her waist and hugged her back, making the most of their physical contact, and enjoying the feeling of her breath against his neck. But the hug had to end.

Eventually, James had left. Leaving Rennie alone, staring at the door and wishing he would come back. At least for a goodbye kiss. Or something more.

With a sigh she sat back on her sofa, and turned on the show about metal detectors, smiling as she realised how much she strongly associated it with James, as if he was still there.

That smile abruptly left her face, though. As she realised Tom had been radio silent for more than a week now. This was getting serious. They had been best friends for as long as she could remember. And he was the only person who knew who she truly was. No way could Rennie let that go so fast.

Rennie picked up her phone, and opened his Instagram Dms. This was their most common form of communication. Her verification meant Tommy got the notifications right away.

She spent a long time trying to say the right thing. Typing then deleting, then typing and deleting again. Eventually, she went with a;

Rennita:
'You wanna meet up?'
'I need to talk to you.'

Fuckertom:
'Yeah.'

Yeah? YEAH? Is that all he had to say? For fuck sake. Maybe their friendship would have to end, if he was being this fucking dry.

But then she got another notification.

Fuckertom:
'Come to mine.'
'The public can't see us talking. They'll question who you are.'

Rennita:
'👍🏻'
Rennie was relieved. Maybe things where salvageable.

TOMMY'S POV

It had been little over a week.

A little over a week and Tom could still remember what had happened in immaculate detail. And it made him feel sick to the stomach.

The way he harshly pulled her in, the look on her face as he took her first kiss, as he knew it was.

And the soft texture of her lips, as they unknowingly clashed against his.

He had fucked it. Completely fucked it.
No content had been uploaded all week, and he wasn't in the mind space to even attempt to seem anything but miserable all of the god damn time.

(Simp)

All he could manage was talking to Will.
His rationality and comforting skills was what he needed right now.

He knows that he doesn't have the right to tell anyone about his best friends true identity, so he had changed the story slightly. 

This was another best friend, a fake one,
he called Elle. And she wasn't on social media at all. And Wilbur had bought the story, at least, he hoped.

"Look, Tom." Will stated, over a discord call.
"You're acting like there's nothing you can do. Nothing at all. But it's very obvious talking to her will fix all this shit you've caused."

Tommy winced at the harsh reality that he really was the problem here. So he'd have to be the one to fix it.

"Your right. I'll dm her."
"Thanks Will."

"Anytime. Love you, man."

He left the call. Leaving Tommy flustered at Wilbur's last statement. But ignoring the consequences of his feelings.

He sat there. Leaning back in his chair, on the brink of tears. How could he do this. Letting his old love for Renna get in the way of how he was feeling about his other best friend.

With these thought rushing to his head, tears finally crawled down his face. Making their way to his jawline before being wiped away.

He was confused.

So
So
Confused.

In this moment, Tommy got a notification. Rennie had finally texted him.

He sigh. Feeling bad he wasn't the one to make contact first.

Renna:
'You wanna meet up?'
'I need to talk to you.'

Tom:
'Yeah'

Tom sigh once again, regretting his dryness with her. He knew she didn't deserve that.

Tom:
'come to mine'
He paused before texting again.

'The public can't see us talking, they'll question who you are'

Renna:
'👍🏻'

He may back even further in his chair. She probably hated him.

He had so much regret.

So much regret.